Cat Tales

Discussion in 'The BOC's Animal House' started by Catgirl, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Told ya I'd be back with some kitty cat pictures one of these days! :wink:

1) Booger - I was a teacher's asst in a public school kindergarten class; one of our students came in one day saying her mom had found two kittens on the side of the road, in a paper bag. They were going to keep the white one which was female....so I took the male tabby. Went through a lot with Booger. Once he disappeared for several days, and when he returned he had gangrene. The vet thought he might lose his leg; I had to soak it a couple times a day for two weeks and give meds of course. He survived, and kept his leg. :cool2:

2) Motley - A big cat was Motley, and my heavy metal friends loved him. If I accidentally left a stirring spoon or untensil near the edge of the kitchen counter where he would see it, he'd stretch up there and paw at it until it flipped off so he could have a taste. Never got ON the counter though. Motley rang a big jingle bell which was tied to the doorknob when he wanted to go out. One day Mr.Motley came home with a broken leg, he'd been shot. We got that all fixed up, but shortly thereafter he disappeared. I always assumed whoever shot him the first time killed him the second time. Heck, might've been my Great-uncle Don :angry:. Motley came from the animal shelter.

3) Pinks - Next to Annie, the best feline I've ever had - mucho personality. Pinks was my companion when a serious relationship of mine broke up. She was a great cat. Liked to play fetch with a little seashell in the evenings. I'd place it back in the bathroom arrangement where it came from when I went to bed; she'd go pick it out (same one everytime) the next evening and bring it to the den. Pinks was also adopted from the animal shelter. When she was eight years old, she developed diabetes. After a few months of insulin shots twice a day and a special diet, her sugar was still all out of whack and she was nothin' but skin and bones. First animal I ever had to have put to sleep. :sad2:

More to come in the next post.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Life is a funny thing. There was a time i hated cats, absolutely hated the darn things. I acquired a cat a few years back, or my wife did rather. Anyway we split the sheets and the cat stayed with me. The boys were out most every nite prowlin like a pair of young tom cats and me and Mista Kitty became quite close.He's layin on the couch asleep right now but when ya come to my house there is no mistaking who cat he is.:wink: Let me re-phrase that, he's not mine but rather i belong to him.:smile2:

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

1) Smiley - A stray, a very smart kitty cat, also the best hunter I ever had. Loving and affectionate, but preferred men over women. My male friends loved him too, even the ones who originally said "I hate cats". Smiley used to gently bite my toes to get my attention, especially when I was washing dishes. He was a :cool2: cat.

2) Smiley and Pinks - Zonked out! They were waiting for Santa, see the kitty cat stockings? CATS LOVE CHRISTMAS TOO! :smile2:

3) Annie - My current feline companion, and imo the BESTEST cat ever! :big_smile:

We had cats during my growing up years as well, but I believe Mom must have those pictures.....Big Henry, Little Henry (who weren't related but supposedly looked alike), and Freckle....boy he was a beautiful cat, I'll have to hit mom up for a photo of him. Long hair and a bob-tail.

Two cats I've had as an adult, which I don't seem to have any pictures of either......Weeble (she wobbled but didn't fall down.....may have been caused by a brain virus as a kitten said the vet; stray) and Gray. Weeble went to live with a nice older lady in a nearby town. Gray went to live in the cat palace (with the mom and sis of a friend of mine), where there were several other cat companions....each one had his/her own litter box.

Attached Files:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Lots of nice kitty pics:wink: I never realized you were that much of a cat person girl.!! They are something else,lately I dont need a dang flyswatter ,cause I have an attack cat.:smile2::smile2:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yeah, I know whatcha mean Richard. Annie chases bugs too. It's great fun to watch her sometimes. I'm not too keen on it when she chases spiders. In this old house, 'specially out there in the porch room, you never know what it might BE. :eek:oooh:

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    That there ANNIE is a fine lookng feline.My boy Rocky here is eyeballin the screen and likes her looks.Fact is he is trying to get me to get you to ask her if she would like to snort a little Catnip together.:cool2::crazy:Dont know why because he is fixed :smile2:All males are dogs I guess unless they are cats of course.:smile2::big_smile:

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yeah, she's pretty cute isn't she? :big_smile:

She's actually not that enthralled with catnip, but Rocky might be able to convince her. :smile2:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tanya I enjoyed the pics and stories of your adorable cats. They can become very much a part of the family. My daughter is now married and I no longer have any cats. She never let a cat go hungry. At one time she had fifteen. I feed six neighbors cat at present. It cost me but I still can't see one go hungry.

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Ok Annies not into catnip huh.How about dinner Rocky is having Sheba Delights ,Tuna and chicken in aspic by candlelight :smile2::big_smile::wink:

10. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i thought id share some pics of my sons kitty Tanya, i hope you dont mind. this is bubbles, very laid back cat. he loves to get in your lap or sit up on your sholders.

Attached Files:

11. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I was never a cat man myself either; always a dog guy. My wife, however, grew up with cats. I rescued a kitten from work (or rather the guys at work) and have to say I've grown pretty well attached to the guy. Thanks for the pics Catgirl!

12. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Seen 'em all Tanya, the long and the short and the tall. My practice was 40 % cats. Grew up with 'em on the farm, have four now on the farm. They come and they go.

Most are just cats, a few are exceptions. Have one now named Liddy. My wife drug her off a storm sewer grate just as she was about to disappear into the storm sewer. She was blind with a viral disease and could not see. Just about 7 weeks old. Brought home, nursed back to health and has become the best cat I have ever had contact with. And I have seen literally thousands of them. She is just not a cat she is my buddy, and that is nice to have. A buddy that does not ask anything and actually likes my company.

John.

13. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Tanya see where your name came from now :wink::smile2: CATGIRL

14. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Annie ,Rocky wants to thank you for dropping by last night for dinner.I tried to get all the details but he just has a cat smirk on his face.:big_smile:He did say that candlelight works everytime .:smile2: He ..wait,what? Oh he says he forgot to get her phone number,doesnt want her to think he is one of those guys that never calls again.:wink::smile2::roll_eyes:

15. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I enjoyed the pics and stories of the cats. Thanks for the good post!

16. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Thanks for sharing! I love hearing that someone esle has had as many critters as I. They just come to me, Ray calls me a elly may animal magnet LOL Oh, well. Last one was the white pup. He is 63 pounds and well a horse with a loving home...

17. grouse & britt

grouse & britt New Member

State:
    Pa.
    nice pics everyone here is a group pic of our felines

9-6-09 003.jpg

9-6-09 004.jpg

OH & theres 5 more kittens too Young for pics :crazy:
    FREE KITTENS :eek:oooh::smile2::smile2:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009