cat tails anyone??

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by catin38, Oct 6, 2009.

1. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    hi guys.. i was watching a show and the guy made some bait and used cat tails to hold the bait on the hook. Are they talking the cat tails on plants or a real cat tail:wink: i have alot of cats running around in my neighborhood..i figure i could turn them into bob cats:smile2:..get it BOB CATS.. anyway dont call peta.. anyone know anything about this cat tail thing?

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    yea they use the plants tops to make their stink bait stick together. u can also use cotton.

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Trent the real one would probaly work too ,just don,t let the wife catch you with to many tails, around the house :wink::smile2:

4. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    hehe i hear you:smile2:

5. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    ha, haaa.Im sure he was refuting to the top's of the plant:big_smile: but im sure the real ones would work to.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Danny King's Punch bait originally used cattail fuzz in the mix to hold it on the hook, should work fine for you.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You can also use dryer lint, cotton, hair from your barbers shop, and cattails as fiber on your punch bait.

8. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

you can use cat tail fibers dried and ground for a flour substitute

9. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Go out with some pruneing shears and collect the top brown portion of the cattail plant,take them and break the brown top apart and it will fluff up and become some strong fiberous stuff,I've been using it in homemade baits for fishing and trapping for years,good stuff,natural,and degradable! Also if your there you can harvest some cattail tubers and add to dinner while your at it,they are just like potatos,and the green spring shoots are a great early green to eat also.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009