Cat looking for a place to die, maybe

Discussion in 'The BOC's Animal House' started by Mac-b, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Doc., you were introduced to my cat Rowdy over in the Ramblings section of the BOC, but I need some more help.

I did what the better 3/4's told me not to do. Last night I slipped Rowdy into the back bedroom so she could spent the night under the bed where she had been sleeping for the past several nights while the boss was away. Well, last night when the boss came to bed, she said, you let Rowdy in and I said yes. I got up at 3:30 AM and Rowdy was sound asleep under the bed so I did not disturb her, but she woke up at 5:30 AM and did her sound to go out and woke the boss up. Right off, you know that ain't good.

Mid morning today, the boss came up with another excuse why Rowdy should not be in the house, especially under the bed, her alleged dieing grounds. She informed me that Rowdy can transfer disease to our house dogs and that Rowdy has not been to the Vet. since 1998 and thus, has not had certain shots, whatever they are.

What do you think Doc. about the transferring of diseases, from a cat to a dog or dogs? You don't have to step lightly on this issue, after all, it is just cyber stuff. Personally, I think it has more to do with menopause than the alleged issue(s). If I was not strong willed, I would take back up the suds until this is all over.

PS, please don't reprimand me for not taking Rowdy to the Vet., she just don't like them.

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John

If it were Me Mac,I'd let the old gal Die under the bed,You owe her that Much to her,But then again I'm just a STUPID Bohunk What do I Know Right !! Anyway Women are just like a Bus there's another one comes by every 30 Minutes,Course I'v been Married 3 times so with that said and if You Follow My Advice and you need a GOOD Lawyer just PM Me and I'll Hook Ya Up.:wink: J.D.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm thinkin the cat would have to do somethin "DOGGIE" style to transfer the diseases. :roll_eyes:

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Maybe it's just sleeping under the bed cause it feels safe there and is away from the dogs. I know my cats do. I don't know about the disease transfer thing but hope everything turns out ok for your furry friend.

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Man O Man this is an Animal House. Whistler got that right on. Luv it.

Mr Mac, a man your age getting soft 'eh. When I am about to croak can I climb under your bed?

Ignore what BG had to say (if you can), Straka on the other hand has a point. Lawyers may be necessary in this situation. Get a good one tho, they usually have the most expensive suits and shoes when you go looking through the bar, and I mean the bar where they serve drinks.

No, Rowdy will not disseminate contractual offensive diseases to your dogs.

I think we do have classical, oh so classical, menopausal arresting disease of the neurological pathways. Since this is cyber stuff I won't pull any punches here Mac. I think you should take a blanket outside, arrange it for the cat and you and spend the last few days of the cats life together. If the cat should live for a couple of months you might want to invest in a soft mattress to.

Good luck Mac.

John.

6. jdstraka

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Big George I'v said it before and I'll say it Again !!!( You Sir. are a KILL) You Ain't by Any Chance are the one that will be a Visiting Postbeetle this year now are You??? Come on now Fess Up !!! And Ifin Ya are would it be alright if I bought some term Insurance on You??? Of course I'd be the Payee on the Policy???? LOL Later J.D.

7. jdstraka

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John

John I Don't Know just Who in The Hell Is More CRAZY You Or Big George !!!! God I Love You Guys!!!! But Not That Way,LOL One Thing FOR SURE I Won't be Lonley In HELL, See Ya Down Under. J.D.:smile2:

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Reservation made many moons ago. I'll save ya a seat if I get there first. :crazy:

9. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Well, Rowdy spent the night and day yesterday on the deck and screen porch. She is still around, eating and just sleeping. I guess she is going to do her thing by herself. Photo's attached of Rowdy on the deck chair and her sleeping accommodations.

10. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    I wasn't surprised when my daughter informed me last night that she found a nice size mass (tumor) on Rowdy's right side. It appears that this chapter is coming close to being closed.

11. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Rowdy is still around, why I don't know. She is getting beat up pretty bad by some of the neighborhood cats and is not spending a lot of time keeping herself clean. But, she's at the door every morning waiting on her dry food with a spoon full of wet on top. I'm beginning to believe she is kin to Boot's MIL. :crazy:

12. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Can't kill a cat with kindness Mac.

Glad to hear the 'Ol gal still walking the earth. I get the idea you like that cat Mac.

Ya know what? You know how they have pets go into old folks homes and give the elderly a cheerup. You ought to put a ribbon on that cat and send it to Boots Mother-in-law. Boots would love it. Make sure Boots has to clean the litter box. Would give him some quality time with his Mother-In-Law on a daily basis.

John.

13. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Post, to be honest with you about Rowdy, I neither like or dislike her. But, when she wants her head scratched she comes to me and nobody else. If I scratch her head too long, she bites me, sounds like she has menopause of something, don't it.

We inherited this cat from a spinster that my wife was watching over in her final years. She made my wife promise her that we would take care of Rowdy, which meant letting her be a house cat as she was accustom to being. Well, she spent one night in the house, then a week or so on the screen porch and then we turned her loose and made a yard cat out of her. Really pissed her off when we moved from out previous place to the lake, now the lake is her favorite place. She can catch weak fish, mice, moles, voles, baby rabbits, birds, etc. and of course, she has to bring them back to the house and drop them for me to see.

When the time comes, I don't know whether to cremate her, bury her or cut her up for catfish bait (joke folks, don't get upset, alright).

14. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    RIP September 13, 2009:sad2:

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

She was YOUR cat Mac. But that could be my "he knows everything on Norman" stance....

I don't know what the big deal is 'bout loving a cat. Rowdy was a good cat, never caused much harm and only wanted the head to be petted.

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
  17. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Sorry for your loss Mac, but it sounds like Rowdy had as comfortable last for months as she could, thanks to you.

18. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Sorry for yojur loss

19. Canadiancatman

Canadiancatman New Member

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    Mac sorry to hear about Rowdy :sad2: This place is so big i just come across this now. :embarassed:

20. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    sorry to hear about rowdy :sad2::sad2: