cat fishing in belton tx

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by breeze524, Jul 10, 2009.

1. breeze524

breeze524 New Member

State:
    texas
    i am lookin for some good catfishin spots in the area around belton tx and also what r gd baits to use

2. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Tim, welcome to the BOC from Central Texas. You've got some pretty good lakes in your area. Lake Belton and Stillhouse are pretty good. I haven't had the opportunity to fish them, but I hear that they are great. Lake Limestone is good and Granger is excellent.

Don't forget about the rivers in the area too!

3. bassm1

bassm1 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'd normally fish near the Cow House creek area where it runs into the lake. I've always caught nice channel cats in that area, the only problem right now is the water is getting really low. It's still manageable plus it gets to about 14'-16' in the creek channel itself. Good luck

4. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I never had the opportunity to master Belton, due to lack of boat, caught nice ones but nothing to write home about. Still house on the other hand, on a boat 25-50 cats 4lbs and up are very easy in my favorite spots. my PB fish from Stillhouse were 8lb drum, 10 lb flathead, 10lb largemouth. The pier on stillhouse has excellent fishing, with restaraunt with food, drinks and bait. Cowhouse creek is excellent for the big boys too

5. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    fish upstream around the cowhouse island. In the evening you'll see big fish moving in the shallows there

Goodluck

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Tim welcome to the BOC! I hope you get all the answers your looking for here which I am sure you will. Good luck fishing!