Cat fight on Lake Norman

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Mac-b, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    On two of the striper message boards there is a fight going on about a bass fisherman and a striper fisherman. The bass fisherman was upset because a striper fisherman let him have his mind when the bass guy came up on the hump that the striper fisherman was fishing. The bass fisherman stated that he eased up on the hump where the striper guy was fishing. Ofcourse, the striper guy was upset at the bass guy over his approach to the hump. Words were exchanged on the water and posted and reposted on the two striper sites, most of which was not pleasant.

All of this got me to thinking, if the bass fisherman did ease up to the hump where the striper fisherman was fishing, then this may be the final sign that the good book speaks about before the world ends as we know it now. Just thought I would let you gals and guys know so you can make amends with your love ones and friends. I will start first, WileyCat, I'm sorry I made you lift that heavy anchor so many times during the NCCATS Tourny. But, I can not forgive all those hot rod bass boaters that have rocked my boat over the years and in two cases hit my catfish buddies boats and cause a lot of damage.

2. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Mac,

I know what you mean about the unforgiveness. I fished for years out of a 14 ft jon and have had numerous bass rockets swamp my boat. Now I got me a 21 ft 8 inch bay boat and she rolls quite a wake at about 2500 rpm. So far I'm still passing by other fishermen at no wake speed in the creeks because I can't tell the difference in respectful people and disrespectful people at a glance, even if they're on a bass boat. In the last few weeks the bass fishermen have started coming out again and I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt by assuming they're respectful until they prove otherwise. So far, I have not come within close quarters of a single person on a bass boat who was respectful of others, mainly us. Although I refuse to allow myself to come to the conclusion that all bass fishermen are greedy, disrespectful people who were raised (obviously) without a mother in the house, I am constantly taking notes as we fish. I fully intend to single out one or two of the men who have proven not to care about the others around him and we're going to see, if just maybe, if the wind is just right, we can't wash one of those bass machines right up on the bank.

For all of yall good, christian hearted, concientious people out there who are reading this, please find it in your heart to forgive me, for I'm afraid I can't stop myself!

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    The correct title of my thread should have been "Cat fight on Lake Norman", not Catfish fight on Lake Norman. Dang, I've got catfish on my mind. Sorry

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I am scanning the book of Revelations as we speak looking for subtle references to fishing. There are some similarities between the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what you described. Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death; I can see their application here.

:big_smile:

5. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    It is not just those "Bass fishermen” that will do that I have had my boat rocked by joy riders and those water gnats better known as Jet skies water skiers and those catfisher men trying to get in for a weigh in. What it ready is a lack of respect and home learning’s. I am not the only one who gets ticked off by these brainless wonders. I have even had the bream fisher men come and ask if they can tie up to my spot for a while. No that I though was bold but hey I let them tie up to the brush pile I was fishing and it turned out to be a good thing that day as they supplied me with some bait and even helped out when the flattie got hung in the brush. They could see him and they netted him for me.

6. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    man does that story hit home. I was fishing in my one man boat a few weeks back for bream.It is 10' long and kinda "rocky" in a small wake .I had two fellas come by on jet skies and they both slowed down early so they wouldn't wake me out.Then about ten minutes later here come two more,side by side running wide open and didn't even bother to slow down for me or even give me time to turn the bow towards them:angry_2: Well,I waved my paddle and said a few unplesant words:embarassed: and they were gone.Also have been duck hunting (and it 30 some degrees) and have fellas run by me going 60 plus.Throws my decoys everywhere and everything else is turned upside down in the boat from the wakes.Those kind of people really tick me off! We run across some idgits ever now and then up my way that has no respect for others.Anyway,maybe,and I don't wish anyone any harm, those that do this will get whats comin to em by someone returning the favor.

7. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    now, i know i'm not the only one on here that does this, but anytime that i'm passing near a boat, i slow down... how much i slow down all depends: if they are close and anchored i go to no wake if i can't move any further from them, if they are a distance and anchored, i'll slow down to a lesser wake so that its gentle when it gets to them... if i'm passing an anchored boat under a bridge i'll even shut off the big motor and drop in the trolling motor as to not disturb them... i've had some people thank me for doin that cause there was just a ba$$ boat that when zipping through there creating a good sized wake and slammed the anchored boat into the pilings and the area is no wake under the bridge.

i've been tied up to a bridge piling crappie fishing, and a ba$$ boat come flying up and throttled down right at the no wake zone markers to just glide under the bridge quickly and could see all the boats under the bridge, but they didn't care... many people started shouting and using some profanity, and it was all directed towards 2 guys that were creating a good wake slammin everyone into the pilings... i was half tempted to follow them and wait till they were fishing some shallows and go buzzing past them full open, but i didn't feel like being mean, and thats how u get flat trailer tires... lol

8. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    I do alot of bank fishing from high rock tuckertown badin norman and hickory 90% ofthe time people dont respect where others are fishing and i have lost a few rods cause of it. but the worse ones are the jet skiers and peolpe who dont care what others think. i have came up with a sure fire way to make people respect where im fishing at i have a 12ft spining rod with a reel spooled with 130 lb braid on it and a big ole 10 oz lead weight on it. i have banged a few boats and jet skiers in the past couple of yrs for buzzing my lines. i even caught me a nice nitro with it but i decide to throw it back.

i just guess some people drive their boats the way they drive their cars to damn fast and very irratic and not worring if some one gets hurt

welp that my 2 cents
    l8r
    Eric

9. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I was fishing on the Neosho River here in Oklahoma about 3 weeks ago on a Sunday. I had my two boys and my little grandson with me and we were fishing for white bass. There were a lot of boaters fishing along the bank, 11 total in all incuding myself. The first boat was fishing near the I-44 bridge and the rest of us were spread out about a half mile down river. There was only one boat down river from me and it was a guy and his wife and their two little kids. This bass boat with a 225 hp motor came flying trough at full throttle. The people in the boat down river from me had to grab their two kids and sit down to stablize their boat from the wakes the bass boat was throwing off and we had to do the same. After everything settled down here that bass boat was coming back up river at us again, and again at full throttle. This time when I got close enough to me I stood up and pointed at him. He slowed down to idle and asked me what my problem was so I told him he needed to slow down, (not my exact words), when other boats was around and start respecting other boaters. Well, we exchanged words for about a minute and he finally went on, much slower this time, but I hated doing that in front of my boys and grandson, but I think that showed my boys a lesson about respecting other boaters. I preached to them that is exactly what not to do when coming up on other boats.