Cat Daddy Shumway? Virgil Aggee?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by shelbysguns, Apr 14, 2009.

1. shelbysguns

shelbysguns New Member

State:
    Jefferson City,Mo
    Hi, I was just reading the newest Fur Fish and Game magazine:eek:oooh:, and there was an article by Paul Likala on catfishing after rain. I was wondering if "Cat Daddy" Shumway, or Virgil Aggee were members here. If so good job. The rigs and tackle they described sounded alot like what I've heard about on here.:smile2:

2. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Shelby,i know them and they are not members here.everything you hear or read about them is probably true though.they are damn good fishermen and both a couple of characters!!:smile2:

3. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    oops my mistake, i dont think i know a Virgil Aggee,i was thinkin of Virgil Brown.

4. shelbysguns

shelbysguns New Member

State:
    Jefferson City,Mo
    lol thanks i appreciate it

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I have met both (10 years ago) and yes, they both know their stuff. (I think Virgil gets most of his knowledge from his wife, who is much better than he is.)

To my knowledge, neither are members here. I don't think they have anything against us, it's just they have their own agenda's.

Just because they may not be members, doesn't mean they don't visit here and I am sure they would use whatever they learn to their advantage. Same way I would from them. New stuff seems to travel fast throughout the catfishing world. Everybody borrows what they can from others. Pretty soon, we are all fishing the same tactics & rigs. I have visited many other places in the past. I find the BOC to be by far the best solid collection of knowledge anywhere. We have had catfish celebrities here in the past. My take is that most want to cash in on us. I could be dead wrong, it's just my take. Me? I "cash in" on whatever I can learn here. I deal in knowledge, not $$$.
    Now please don't get me wrong. I do not mean to imply anything negative toward these "experts". They are making a living on catfishing and have little choice but to put a price on everything they do. It's the only way they can financially survive.