Cat Buster???????

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Brandon829, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ok, So I'll admit it, I'm a Newbie! I've been using some Wal-Mart Combos for the past 2 years. Berkley Fusions to be exact. I've decided, I'm done fishing for small fish, and wanted to upgrade my equipment. Since I'm on a budget, I was trying to find a decent combo. I ordered 2 BPS 10' Cat Busters last night. I tried finding some reviews on here, but nothing. So I haven't heard any bad things about them as of yet, which is the only reason i bought them. Does anybody have any expierence with them? Did I make a mistake? PLEASE somebody ease my mind, lol. :crazy:

2. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    i have a buddy that has one and loves it, seams stout for the money.. good luck with them

3. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    the only thing i have heard negative about them are the eyes. some have problems with them and some don't. sems like it will do well for you. let us know how they work out for you or write a review.

4. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well that eases my mind. Thanks for the input. I'll write a review on them as soon as I land one with them. Thanks again

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brandon Welcome to the BOC. I hope you catch a new PB with your recent equipment purchase.

6. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Its a step up from those wally world combos thats for sure..

7. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well just to give everybody a little update and review on the Catbuster from Bass Pro Shop. I landed 2 decent fish this past weekend and the poles handled awesome! I landed 21.9 and 18.3 flats with 0 problems. A very wise purchase for the money! Hope this helps anyone looking for a new combo rod/reel who's on a budget.