cat bobbers

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by AZflats, Mar 29, 2009.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Can I get bobber stops for the cat bobbers through Wild Wolf? Your bobbers don't come with the stops and the stops I bought don't slide through the level wined on my ambassadeur..

Also, I like to use heavy braided lines like 65-80# test so it needs to be able to slide up 10-30 feet on the main line without getting cut up.

Thanks!!
    ~A

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Andy, You need to bend the level wind out a little not to much don't want you mad at me if you break it if it was'nt 20 degrees I would go out side and take a pic to show you how I do it.

Also if you use 2-3 of the slipknots form walmart at a time they will hold I use 65-80lb Power pro on my abu 6500c3's and don't have a problem with them holding.

Hope this helps

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    We show you how to tie your own. Each float comes with the instructions on how to tie one. That way you save on buying a bobber stop. I use this one
    [​IMG] all the time on 80 lb spider wire. Works fine for me. I adjust it anywhere from 4ft to 30ft.
    I may start stocking bobber stops as some keep asking about them. But for now We do not have them.
    Pete

4. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I use smll rubebr bands to tie my boober sopper knot. IT will not slide very easy on heavy braid but if you want it can be move though out the night.

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Got it..
    Thanks gents...

* I will give the level wind a little bend to increase the gap and print out the bobber stop knot so I have it while on the water..

Thanks again.:0a31:

6. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    here is how i put one on i use mono maine line and make my float stop out of berkley fireline xds 65lb test works great

[​IMG]