Cat blood

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Ethan MacManus, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Ethan MacManus

Ethan MacManus New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I saw this bait at the local bait shop. They man said it was blood that attracted catfish. It smelled like garbage. How would I go about using this "stink bait". It smells pretty bad.:roll_eyes:

2. Ethan MacManus

Ethan MacManus New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    It wont let me edit my post but, I'm not even sure what it is called. Cat blood just sounds cool :smile2:. Do catfish have good vision and smell? I'm pretty new :tounge_out:.

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Cat fish can actually taste with there skin, so I woud put that down as pretty talented myself

4. TheCatfishingBoy

TheCatfishingBoy New Member

State:
    NC
    Go to a Slaughter house or just use chicken liver blood and let it set in the Fridgerater for al while to it starts to clot up and use them on trble hooks,
    DONT BITE YOUR FINGER NAILS AFTER YOU HAVE TOUCH THIS BAIT YOU COULD GET SICK!!!

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    ethan, catfish dont see very well, but there sense of smell is very good. they actually taste whats in the water. the whiskers are covered in tastebuds and helps them find food in the water.

6. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    i dont use any stink baits. i have never had any luck with them. ive tried almost everysingle one on the market it spots i know are holding fish and nadda, nothing, zelch. i prefer to stick to baits such as shirmp, chicken liver, night crawlers, and live and cut bait fish. these produce all year round with excellent results and they are a lot cheaper, just get a thing of crawlers catch a bunch of sunfish and youll still have plenty of worms left to fish for catfish with.