casulties of war

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by 187um, Aug 10, 2009.

1. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    so i just had to share my misfortune with you guys i got a horrible story. so went fishing on a day and a half trip,no sleep but cat naps, falling asleep behind the wheel i had a few small channels in my cooler. get home get inside passed right out on the couch. woke up forgot all about the cooler, 2 days pass.... you guessed it the stench from the cut bait and channels made my woman throw up walking down the porch.So i decide i am gonna dump it in to a small river near bye. get to the rivers bridge go to lift my cooler lid and lost the whole thing over the edge! watching my tackle box explode on the river surface reminded me hey buddy you left your tackle box in the cooler..and my knives,pliers,lantern my entire arsonal all floating down the river laugh was all i could do besides cuss for the first minute or 2.it was a lesson well learned. just thought i would share my story of fishing casulties.

2. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    I've learned that even if I don't do anything else when I get home, I at least clean the coolers that I keep the fish and bait in, especially if I have to work the next day. Then everything else can usually wait a day or two.

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Been there ,done that ,it is a sickening feeling when it hits u, what u just did

4. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Bummer dude. You can always get more tackle though!

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Now that,s a bad day brother!:sad2::roll_eyes:.

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That sucks, i have left a cooler full of shad. I went away to do some training for 30 days and came back and opened it. That was the worse smell i have ever smelled. I took the whole thing to the dump.

7. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    At least you get to go shopping and get all new stuff thats one plus.:smile2:

8. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    i had a similar experience 2 years ago, minus losing tackle, i got home after an all nighter and dozed off then forgot bout the fish,,, BAD day for me when my wife smelled it

9. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    sorry dude.. there is a cooler in the back of my truck right now with a tub of rotten chicken livers swimming in about 2 gallons of water right now.. haven't gotten the balls to clean it out yet. lol its about a week old.. i opened it yesterday an saw nothing but floating livers and green water.. thank god i held my breath. it was pretty discusting.. i guess i'll be taking it to the car wash and cleaning it out today.:angry: