#$@&* Castnet

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ol Man, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wife and I had to do our weekly shopping ritual. She had stuff she couldn't live without from Wally world, so naturally I went to the fishing aisle to see if anything popped up since my last inventory and this #$@&* castnet caught my eye. That was my downfall. Long story short, I've throwed that #$@&* castnet 40 'leven times today and cannot get it to open all the way. I'm too sore to fish, but I ain't going to let that #$@&* castnet get the best of me...:lol:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am horrible at castnets. Dave Demoss taught my little brother at the Chatt gathering in 04 so he is my little bait getter. LMAO I knew he would come in handy one day.

Good luck figureing that thing out buddy.

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    ROFL, just keep practicing!

4. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    You doggone skippy, thats why I use mine for an anchor.:tounge_out:

5. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I bought one and tried it out in the yard. It was kind of rough on my bad shoulder, so I decided to let my kid learn to use it. We went out in the boat and he threw it once and it went right down on top of a big stump. We tore it all to hell getting it back in and that was the end of our netting.

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I'm planning to get one at some point. I hear they're a pain in the butt until you figure them out though. :eek:oooh:

7. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    Think of the throwing motion like throwing a giant discus or trash can lid.

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    there is a art to doing thats for sure but i buy most of mine from walmarts because i know as sure as my dads says throw it right there its going to get hung everytime. i would suggest buying the tape on how to throw it. its well worth the money. i bought a tape from infisherman with a guide on the james river showing how he throws it. very simply. i now throw mine like he does now. its just like baitcasters when they came out nobody could throw them, now look around everybodies throwing them.

9. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Cast nets are easy to use.You can get on your computer and keyword cast net and seach and there is a man I think in Australia that shows a great way to throw it and since I started doing it that way it has opened every time.Good luck...

10. btmfdr

btmfdr New Member

State:
    missouri
    i learned to throw mine on the in-fisherman video too. one thing you might want to try is not lettting go with both hands at the same time. try releasing the bulk of the net(with the coils) first and release your other hand just like a half a second later, but spin it like your turning a big steering wheel.

11. catsalot

catsalot New Member

State:
    illinois
    keep trying if its a 10fter try the 5ft insted:crazy:

12. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i dont have any imput on this one i cant throw one either not verry good anyways

13. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I use the Supper Spreader brand which Walmart carrys it will run about $22.00 comes with a ho to DVD thats pretty good. Took me a while to get it masterd but once i figured out how he was doing it on the DVD theres nothing to it. My problem is hanging them up on crappie sets and brush. I like a 6 footer anything smaller or bigger I have problems with.

14. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    About the time I think I'm good I either wrap it around my head or throw it in
    one big wad.