Castle Doctrine

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by beetle, Jan 27, 2008.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A senate committee is taking a look at this and the link list the senators on the committee so those interested should drop them an email and ask them to support it. They are scheduled to hear it on the 30th.
    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3402

2. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    They passed this or a similar law in Florida last year ... It is a good law ...

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    It's not only a good law, it should have always been the law.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ....and should be law of the entire country as well.

5. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    The law looks good to me too, but what about the defense of possessions? For instance, if a person breaks into your garage and is stealing stuff and you come out with a shot gun. If the thief takes off with your goods under each arm, what rights do you have as the victim? I know from experience, you're in BIG trouble if you shoot at them.

Spencer

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    It's a great law. We need it in AR , they tried but the Democrats and prosecutors beat it to death. Email last year from a Republican Rep, said will try again next session.

Roger, hope you get it in Ohio.

Spencer, As far as I know the state of TX is the only state that the people have the right to use deadly force to protect property.

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  8. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just wondering did anyone send an e-mail to any of the senators on this committee and if you did what was the responses. There were 9 members listed on the committee. 6 Republicans and 3 Democrats. I received a response either by e-mail or snail mail from 6 senators (all of the repubs) not one Democrat responded to me. Senator Faber's office sent me a reply that said he was too busy to reply to me because I was not part of his district. :sad2: Is it possible that because I am registered a Rep that is why I got no responses from any of the dems? The other 5 republicans on the committee said they were in favor of it and would support it.:smile2:

9. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just an update...The Ohio House and Senate passed it and Governor Strickland signed SB184 into law yesterday. It will go into effect later this year. Thanks to all those involved and those who contacted their representatives!

10. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Thanks Roger .... Hopefully it will serve us all ... for a better chance at protecting ourselves and our loved ones ........ Garry-

11. Sunburn

Sunburn New Member

State:
    Williamsto
    I think it went info effect June 1. We've had CCW must be getting close to 15 or so years now. I've had mine for 10+. It's a dang shame that the sorry state of our court system even makes Castle Doctrine needed. Should be a no brainer!

12. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    well,lets just say they would probably trip on all them goodies they are trying to cart off :eek:oooh:

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Great news Roger!

I'm afraid we don't have much of a chance to get the Castle Doctrine in Arkansas with our Democrat Governor and so few Republican Representatives.

14. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Why not? We did it in WV with the same mix.

Must not be a dem thing, huh?:wink::smile2:

15. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dayton, just keep writing your representatives and vote out the ones that wont. Ohio's governor is a democrat and after it passed congress I was worried he would side with his party and not the people but I sent an email to his office and got a response and I must tell you I am very pleased. Its nice when they can vote on whats good for the people and stop just hanging with the parties. People should really be fearful of Obama's gun policies...what he says is one thing how he votes is another, his past voting record is completely against gun owners. He is for banning semiautomatics which not only ban some hand guns but shotguns too, with the bans on lead use it wont be long and we'll be back to using slingshots with rocks.

16. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You are right some democrats will vote pro gun but compared to republicans those democrats are not too many. Especially to democratic leaders who by large numbers are total anti gun/anti hunting.

17. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Roger, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm also fearful of what may happen to gun control if Hussein is elected.
    I never forget Democrat Governor Ann Richards in Texas. We voted in Right to Carry, then she vetoed it! We voted her out and Governor George Bush shot her veto full of holes the first day in office. :big_smile:

18. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    Strickland's alright for a Dem. He's pro 2nd amendment and that's more'n I can say for the Dem Pres candidate. Glad to see you guys love the constitution too:wink:

19. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I think this law was a 100 years overdue here in Ohio. Still can't believe a democratic governor actually endorsed and fought for it, while our republican boob Taft tried to keep responsible law abiding citizens unarmed, the whole time he was in office.

Thank you gov. Strickland!

20. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yea Taft was a total embarrassment to the republican party, I'm sure glad he is out of office and done screwing up Ohio.