Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
around here all i can find around here in 9 foot has always been a spinning rod but i use bait cast reels. just wondering how many other people do that. those big eyes on the rods sure do make them ugly.

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
around here all i can find around here in 9 foot has always been a spinning rod but i use bait cast reels. just wondering how many other people do that. those big eyes on the rods sure do make them ugly.

I have a couple that I use that way. I've never had any problems and caught lots of fish with them. I've got a 6500 c3 & a 6000c on 8' & 9' spinning rods and they work fine. Not the prettiest but you make do with what you have....At least I do...:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

·
Registered
867 Posts
only problem you might encounter is the spline of the rod will be on the wrong side of the rod which might cause the rod to be damaged or not handle the stress properly,Most of us have used them this way and under most conditions they work ok

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
only problem you might encounter is the spline of the rod will be on the wrong side of the rod which might cause the rod to be damaged or not handle the stress properly,Most of us have used them this way and under most conditions they work ok

Come to think about it I have an Abu Garcia Brute 8' Spinning rod that I always used either a 6000 or a 6500 on and it has cracked and chipped on one side where the rods 2 pieces fit together. May possibly be from using it like that. None others have had a problem though. Thanks Tony for that post! I'll get you Reps when I can again...:big_smile:

·
Banned
8,592 Posts
Unless its a high caliber factory rod the spline is going to be all over the place anyway.
Very seldom are they oriented right.

On a casting rod you can always tell because under load the tip wants to roll left or right.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
I just learned something and thank you all!
BUT I AM ONE THAT DOES BOUT EVERYTHING I AM TOLD NOT TO:eek:oooh:Oh yea and we are still gion:big_smile_2:
LIKE DA BUNNY!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.