casting distance

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by slikk03, Jul 20, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ive made post about this rod and that rod, but what i should of post was this, i want long cast with heavy weghts, i mean 75, yards out,give me some options on long casting rods,i know i made a few post on multiple rods but this is what im getting at,i mean , i need to hit the channel in the missisipie, but still have some bend for circal hooks to work right, ive heard solaris, bigwater ugly, and offshore power pluss, are good options, maby i should make this like a poll,

2. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    super long rods!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    get a f'n sponge bob pole and be done with it please!!!!!:roll_eyes::sad2::big_smile:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dude, how many times have I told you.

a 12 foot ugly stick bigwater, extra heavy action...I can cast 14-0zs of weight 80 yds easily.

And I use circle hooks and great hookup success.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    man i aint going to get screwed by making the wrong choice, so ill post untill i get the rods with the best results from this thread then ill drop it,cant wast money on something that wont do the job bro,im shure this thread will give me a etter idea than the other three about each rod, now if i could test them i woulent post about this so much but, no one around here even uses long rods, we dont havebluecats or biggrivers close so, i got to post to make my final decision, so far, im thinking a bp power pluss,unless i get alot of responces on another rod more than once

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    thats funny you say no one around there uses long rods but bouth times i fished alton i was the only one there with rods under 10' long and there were rods every 15-20' down the bank. :roll_eyes: im shure you can test them bass pro and cabelas are usually pretty good about returns keep your recept leave the tags on them and try them out if you dont like it take it back and get a different one :cool2:

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    lol im not close to altone im 3 hours away, i make it down there once a month, if that,in central ill, 12 footers are not even heard of,:roll_eyes: i found my reel, welder is getting me turned on to theese bp power pluss, my coisen says go with a bigwater uglystick, but altone says, dont do it you will be dissapointed if yo try getting a log cast,so far welders got me thinking on a power pluss, not trying to brw the stew , just dont want to make a 3 hour trip and take it back,:roll_eyes:it reay has almost made me give up on trying to get bluecatfish from the bank i might just qwit triying until i get a boat, them things cost me a hole paycheck, to fish for, it cost me about 75 bucks to go to altone for blues, for flatheas, 5 bucks max lol

8. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    I use 12' american night sticks. Thay r very strong and matched with a 6500 or 7000 I can cast a mile. Thay cost about 50 bucks.

9. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea ive heard alot of good on them american spirits

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    what about the wabash river would that be closer for you i read in the ill. talk were someone was getting some nice blues out of there. you may just need to fish somewere different. big rivers like the mississippi offer alot of water witch gives the blues lots of places to go and if your not were they are your not gonna catch them. witch makes it alot harder for the bank fishermen. smaller rivers make them eiser to target.

11. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    ok I actually went out to the garage and looked at DH raysplay rod and reel. We are bank fishers he tends to go for the dam area. At present we haven't a boat due to a boy going to college but the soon that fund will grow. if ya plan on really getting out there Dh swears buy this 14 foot pole with a penn 209. He uses 40 pound line and at least a 10 oz. I think. Circle hooks for sure. This pole has been wrapped with line of course to handle the gaints. Surf rod i think the brand is. But to be double sure ask raysplay to be your friend on his profile and he can tell ya a lot more about it. :wink:

12. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ive considerd that, its about the same distance, but i dont know much about it,seems altone produces the best, but wen i tlk to the bank guys they say they rarly pull out big ones, from the bank, and there out every weak, me once a month,but, i do think i know what im going to get for a combo, a bp powerplus twelf footer, with an okuma ef 80,welder talked me into them and he knows them blues well so i doght ill post anymore on rods think i made my mind

13. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

Slikk...Listen to Jack; I've been reading posts for a long time from this Man, and what I can tell you IS HE IS A LONG RANGE CASTING shore fisherman.

He's not going to steer you wrong in any way, this is what he doe's( LONG DISTANCE= BIG FLATHEADS)! PERIOD!. No doubt about it.:cool2:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  14. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    if you say so i gues ill put my trust in you flamekeeper,your the expert,it was narowed down to 2 rods, that and the bp powerplus, welder said he could get more distace with them than a bigwater, but i get this war going on agist the 2 rods, the power plus is half the price, so im going to get whatever the coin lands on,i know welder says he can cast a mile and jack also,seems jack gets a little mad at me lol

15. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i got to give this thread up lol:roll_eyes:

16. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
  17. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i see them are fiberglass rods, i know they will get me farther out but a big blue pulling on them, they might snap, im getting a 12 foot rod just dont know what kind yet, ether a solaris or a bigwater ugly,or a power pluss, like the vidio,

18. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    :eek:oooh::doubt::smile2::smile2::smile2:

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The 12 foot nitesticks are good rods, but about 8-0zs is the max I can throw long distance with these rods.

The ugly stick bigwater, make sure it is extra heavy action is a beast,,It also has better guides than the nitesticks, the ugly sticks have decent fugi guides, where the nitestick guides are just a generic chaeper guides.

I dont get mad at ya slikk, just frustrated

20. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA

Google surf rods...........then look at reveiw ratings........pick one out.....done........if you go cheap, thats exactly what you get.....CHEAP PRODUCT!.......may I suggest Penn surf rods:wink: