Cast Netting?

Discussion in 'Castnet(s)' started by Matt77, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Matt77

Matt77 New Member

State:
    from Us NY live in Cnt FL
    I'm new to cast netting, but have become pretty successful at it. Here in Florida there are warning signs about amebas (<-- spell?) They can swim into your nose or ears and kill you in 7 hours. THATS SCARY STUFF!!!!!! So.... Would you use a cast net being that you have to put the net in your teeth. I'll say I spit a lot when using it :) Would like some feed back.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky

3. Matt77

Matt77 New Member

State:
    from Us NY live in Cnt FL
    I just want to thank you a ton, on this one! You may have saved my life! I printed out your instructions on how to throw the cast net with out using your teeth and will try them tonight when I head back out with my boys (5 &4). I caught 15 last night in the river. Hopefully there will be some left for tonight. LOL!
    Thanks,
    Matt

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i dont use my teeth when i throw my net

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Glad I could help!! This is what we are here for, sometimes our intent gets lost in the shuffle and humor in here but we try when we can.

6. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I do sometimes still use my teeth especially if where I am casting I don't have a lot of room, I have a lot bigger net then I thought I was originally buying!

Those Amebas sound scary... I would for sure switch over to the other method!!!

7. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
  8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    In the first section on the main page there is a place called Catfish Publications with a sub section called Outdoor Articles. Open it and look for Using a Cast Net to Gather Catfishing Bait, that is the only other way to find it that I know of. I don't understand why it won't open for you, sorry!!

9. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK

Thanks! that did the trick.
    This computer makes me do things the hard way. It needs a new rubberband & propeller.

10. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I got so used to throwing it with my teeth... now I have to worry about amoeba's killing me. Fishing just keeps more and more fun!