Cast net

Discussion in 'Castnet(s)' started by wiskeredwarrior101, Jun 8, 2007.

1. wiskeredwarrior101

wiskeredwarrior101 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Im not sure if this is the right spot so dont shoot me. I recently baught a cast net and i can get it to open when i throw it. I followed the directions but what good are directions anyway? so how do you all do it?

2. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC

3. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Check out the Library section, there are several different methods in there. One should work for you:cool2:. There's a couple videos, too.

4. brakeless1

brakeless1 New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ky.
    And there are method's where you don't have to put cast net in your mouth.
    Mine open perfect and i never use my mouth to hold any part of the net.
    Check where jammer said to and practice it will come to you.

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
  6. Cat Hunter

Cat Hunter New Member

State:
    texas
    The only advice I can give is practice practice practice. I have had my cast net for about 2 weeks and I still have problems. Practicing in the yard is a good idea. The neighbors look at me funny all the time.

7. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Practice, pratice practice.... you will get it it just takes some time. Check out the library like suggested below. There is alot of info in there.

Cat Hunter ..my neighbors do the same ..i tell them im catching my Dandelions before they get loose LOL. But it helps me get the aiming thing down by picking something to hit!

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    If you must put the line in your mouth get different directions lol. Not only is that nasty, its unnessecary.

9. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    grab it by the top, then pick up one side and hold it with your left hand and hold the bottom with your right hand( if your right handed). turn your body to get some momentum and throw that sucker like a helicopter.