Cast Net - Which one should I buy?

Discussion in 'Shad Talk' started by Bream baiter, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm trying to decide whether I should get the Betts Super Pro Camo net or just get the regular Betts No Spook camo net. What's the difference other than about $50.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Betts Tyzac 4ft Mono, 17.99 great net and all I use.

3. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    check the weight per foot... one's probably a bit heavier... if you have the money and know you'll be throwing in completely open water (no garuntees ever) i'd go with the heavier one. the one i have and use often is an 8 fter and it works well... doesn't fully open all the time but it doesn't need to its still the same as a 6 fter when it does open most of the way... 12 ft radius works just fine with me...

4. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Bryan Calusa has a video on their website that shows an easy method to throw a net. It gave me the confidence to move from a 6 ft. net to an 8 ft.

5. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    I've seen the video(and have it saved on my comp)... thats why i'm able to have the net open to atleast 6 ft and not just be a tangled mess and scare fish...I just haven't gone and worked on my net and made it soft enough to open all the way... Like i said in my earlier post, i still get a 12ft radius or more opening so i catch bait. I don't mind, just need to resoak the net in fabric softener another time and get it really stretched out to dry well...

6. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    anyone got a link to that video or could send it to me i got broadband so it wouldn't take to long to download

7. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    as long as its not from wal-mart you'll be fine

8. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Are you soaking your mono. nets in fabrac softner, or nylon ones
    Thanks
    Jim