Cast Net Throwin

Discussion in 'Castnet(s)' started by dominoman, Jul 6, 2008.

1. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    If anyone is like me, I have had difficulties it getting the concept of throwing a cast net. Did some research and found another video that I tried. It is to me the simplest demo that I have ever tried. It does not take putting it in your mouth, rolling this over this wrist, etc, etc. I wrote down cheat notes so when I get to the water and have a senior moment I can go back a look at what I am suppose to be doing. I tested it in the pool this morning with both nets I've got and they spread out perfect. This is probably nothing for you folks that can throw one, but it sure helped me.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/castnet/

I used the top video in the selection, could pause it to make notes.

2. elizabuilt

elizabuilt New Member

State:
    Norton, OH
    Thanks Lonnie, I just learned to throw one and am going to try other ways too. The guy in the video sure made it look easy.

3. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    After I made my notes, went out and tried the smaller net I've got on the pool deck so I could see exactly what it did, without having to pick all the leaves and sticks out of it. The first throw using the style the video showed, it opened perfectly. Did it about 6 times, worked every time. Then tried the big net, same results, works perfect. Bad thing, didn't catch any baitfish in the pool, but sure had fun doing it right.

4. tunnafish

tunnafish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree! I especially like the second version, except I found it on youtube. I liked it so well I posted it on another forum about cast net difficulty. It seems to have WAY less steps and complications than any other method I've seen, but I have to admit I don't even own a cast net, yet.

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have been trying to get my 8 foot net to throw right for a few years now and have never got it where every throw is good. I wanted to say thanks for putting that video on here, I watched it last night and hit the river today and every throw opened perfect and as wide as the net would allow. I got it for life now, and I can speak on behalf of the shad well, their screwed from this point on.

6. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i have a question. what does he do with his left hand when he turns his wrist and release. where does it go?thanks maybe ihave been trying.

7. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    If you dont mind give me your phone number i will call you. thanks sam davis

8. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Sam I sent you a PM with the #'s

9. James Bentley

James Bentley Member

State:
    N.C.
    There is another site that helped me a lot,it is Calusa.com,I could throw my net in the yard perfect,but when on the nose of boat,all I could do was one half circle,now it workes better:confused2:

10. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    I use a net called SUPER SPREADER it has an aluminum ring up top to allow 1 handed throws,imo it is very easy to throw. i think it only comes in 5-6ft though:0a26:

11. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    I throw mine as the 1st video shows, makes a 10 foot radius net a lot easier