CAST NET PRICE

Discussion in 'Castnet(s)' started by old newbie, Sep 24, 2009.

1. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    What should the cost of a new cast net run?

2. billyballard

billyballard New Member

State:
    Dugger,Indiana
    According to what size ya want but somewhere between 20 and 40 or so..

3. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    That's kinda what I was hopeing to see, but the cheapest net Gander Mountain has is a 6' sardine net w/1 quarter in mesh for $135.00, then up to $239.00 for different sizes. Am I looking at the wrong nets, these are all that popped up on the seach for cast nets.

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Depends on brand, quality, and size. Cheap net & cheap price at WalMart= $30.00 (cheaper ,$10 or $15 on clearance), or nice quality nets at nice prices, Ego & Old Salt to name a couple= $50.00 to $75.00 depending on size. There are better nets than these out there with prices upwards of $150.00.
    I believe you get what you pay for. If you are looking for a net to learn with and trash in snaggy waters, go to Walmart. If you are looking for a quality net, dont be shy, dig deep.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  5. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    I see Bass pro has some in the 25-70 dollar range. Thanks for the brand names that helps a lot.
    If the Wabash doesn't go up soon I guess I could use a landing net.:angry:

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I got my 3.5 footer recently at wally world for around $20-25.:wink:

7. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    I picked up a Frabil 10' at Walmart on clearance for $15.00, looks cheap compared to my Ego, but again it was $60.00 less. If I tear the Frabil, so what. :eek:oooh: If I tear my Ego, I'm cryin. :crazy: By the way, Ego Nets is a BOC sponsor. :wink:

8. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    When my son played high school baseball the coach replaced the batting cage net because of a few rips and asked me if I wanted the old one. It was over a 100' long and 25' wide. I wonder how many cast nets I could have made out of that.:sad2:
    ps The boc shirt in your avatar is it for sale on this site somewhere?

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I buy the 3.5 footers from walmart, frabil brand for 20 bucks...they work good for shallow water...if throwing in deep water 15 feet plus, I would go with a better net with more weight on it.

10. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Indiana cast net laws limit us to 3/4" mesh, 10' diameter (5' radius).

Shirts and hats available in the BOC store, scroll to the top of the page, near the left hand corner.

11. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Stick with the cheaper ones. That way one one hang one up(and you will eventually) you wont be mad that you ruined a pricy net. I wouldnt pay much more than $20.00 to 40.00 for a net.

12. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I wouldnt spend more then that either.. They are not bad nets at all... i catch plenty of bait with them

13. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    I buy ahi nets...they are nylon and don't need to be softened. at the local bait shop they run exactly 30 bucks. Online they are 35 to37.99

14. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    If you ever throw a good net you want think twice about spending the money.:0a22:

15. lurker

lurker New Member

State:
    PA
    walmart 30.00 and if it rips no big deal

16. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    My favorite cast net is one of the older blue Walmart ones. It's a 5' radius, weighs 5 1/2lbs, and cost 25 bucks. It's a miracle I've never lost it, it's got repair on top of repair, and I've lost several other cast nets in the last 2 years. But, I also found that when I started fishing from a boat last year that while 5' is great for throwing off the bank, it's too small for deeper water. You can throw it all you want and sometimes not get a single shad, while the guy with a bigger and heavier net fills up his baitwell throwing in the same water.

I don't like spending $50+ on a cast net that could be lost on the first throw, but I haven't found a cheap >6' cast net with at least a pound of lead weight per radius foot, so now I spend $50-$70 on my cast nets. :sad2:

17. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    I buy the Walmart brand as well as 5 - 6 packs of lead egg sinkers. And then I lay the net out (in half) and attached the egg sinkers to the Walmart net inbetween the plastic weights already on there. But, make sure you keep as even as possible, so the weight is distributed correctly, or the net will not spread right. (Start from the center and work your way out - each side of center).

I get great performance at a cheap price. Only downside, it'll take you about 30 - 60 minutes to do the job, and it is a bit tedious.

18. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    i get the 7ft bettes for round 50 bucks at the local fishing store has a pound of lead per sqft 3/8 mesh 25ft hand rope....i did have a bettes 10 ft nylon camo net 3/8 mesh 1.5 pounds per sqft of lead i paid a little over 100 for and with in 5 throws it was done....damn thing got hung up on something....shame too was a great net and i had never got snagged b4 throwing where i was.....

19. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you are going to use it in lakes that are not that deep a cheaper one will do fine. If you are going to try to target bait deep or in current you will have better luck with a more expensive one. I personally like the 5' old salt nets. More weight per foot is a lot better in current, but it will wear you out more to throw.

20. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I have two nets that I use. I have my "good" net that is a 10 foot Bait Buster. It has 1.5 pounds/ft and throws very nice.I think you can pick them up for around $100.00 Then I have my "cheap" net. A 10 foot AHI. I use it when I am throwing in shallow or "snaggy" water. It does not wear me out nearly as fast as the bait buster, but it doesn't throw nearly as nice either!! I have made a couple of small repairs on my BaitBuster, but I would think someone that spends a lot on a net would want to learn how to repair them also. Having started throwing 3-4 foot nets I can say that for me, a decent throw with a 10' net catches way more bait than a great throw with a 4' net!!