caseys first flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Swampfox., Sep 2, 2009.

1. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    went out yesterday evening to scout out some log jambs for the fish off. casey had been wanting me to take him fishin so i grab his tigerspin and check my trap for fresh gills and headed down to the railroad tressel on lafourche. baited up caseys pole and put the gill right at the ledge of thi tressel and he whines his line in within 30 seconds of handing the thang off. "not yet i tell him," but he keeps on reelin sayin "its on there, its on there" well whatya know, he gets a 3lbs flathead. well we headed back to the house with his fish in a cooler full of water, cause i left the camera. so here he is. after the pic we let him go in crew lake which is closer, then went to get a shot of the tressel spot. notice the boc sticker on the side of my truck. got them on both sides. the wife saw it and told me that i was "now offically a redneck" to which my reply was "honey, my neck has always runnith red."

Attached Files:

2. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Congrats to Casey on his first flattie. Keep um fishing Matt, best thing in the world for the kiddos. Sure beats Xbox:smile2::smile2::smile2:.

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    im sure that will be a great memory for him

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Give my congrats to casey Matt and thanks for taking him.

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    luv taken him with me when im bank fishin. he stas home if i go out on the boat. hes all over the place. his brother on the other hand is all for fishin when they bitin. but if they aint he's ready to go, so sometimes he chooses to stay home. then if we do catch some fish he gets mad cause he missed it. casey will go anytime anyplace he dont care, as long as we go. my little angler.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Son, teach him well, May save you some headache as he get older, rather him be fishing.

7. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Congratulations to Little Casey for a fine catch. Tops is right, keep him straight. I am jeleouse though of the stickers as I have tried for a "few" years now to get another like it..........

8. catman79

catman79 New Member

State:
    iowa
    nice fish congrats

9. Cuda

Cuda Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    Great way to start them out young like that. Nice fish and nice CPR too. I am sure he will be ready to go the next time! Teach him well and he will remember it for a lifetime. GOOD JOB!

10. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congratulations to Casey for his first flattie. And kudos to you for takeing him fishing. Kids are our future for our sport.

11. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    congrats.. to you casey on your 1st of many to come flatheads,i agree keep them in the woods on the water or in sports as much as you can,i tell my boys when they mess up it is because they been playing video games to much lately LOL,matt thanks for sharing story & picks

12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Congratulations to Casey for his first flattie.

13. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Excellant Matt, thanks for the post and pictures and for taking Casey fishing, keep up the good work! Congrats to Casey on a fine catch! Sign that boy up!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  14. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Great for him, keep him out there.

15. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats to you and Casey on his first flattie. Kids often follow in the parents footsteps and "big" prints are easy to follow. Kudos to you and keep him headed in the right direction. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

16. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congratulation to Casey on his first flathead!

17. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    congrats to him bro.!!!!

18. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    That's one cool sticker on the truck!:cool2:

Congrats to the boy on his first!

19. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    congrats man, good to see a young one getting into a great sport.

20. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Congratulations Casey on the 1st flattie.Nothing beats a picture of a kid with a catfish and a big smile!:big_smile: