Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See, long story short! PROMISE! LOL I had to got any pictures of my boy at college second semester so he got himself a camera and sent these too me. Now, Ya think he knew how much i loved the outside.....HHHHHMMMM I think so. They are so pretty

Attachments

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, Ya know kids Cass...........LOL
He said it was called falling waters....Must be close to russellville. I will try to find out more from him If he will ever answer his phone! LOL I do know he just loves Mount Nebo up there so it has to be somewhat near there or akins

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have two baitcasters,one Shakesphere level reel,and one Masters conventional reel.Both were gven to me.I rarely use them,when I go with my brother,he has five,so I use his when catfishing.He has a Shimano Calcutta,two Abu/Garcia's,and I don't know about the other two.He uses two ounce sinkers and at least 20# test or more.The rods are between 9-12 feet.Some look a bit stiff to me,but then I don't snag spoonies either.On mine I use a three way swivel set up,using a two ounce sinker,30#braided on the conventional,15# mono on the other and a 5-0 hook,not really sure of the hooks but they're big and stout.What does your set up consist of?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really depends on the water.....bank............river......current etc.
normally i use my wrapped ugly and circles#6 #7 or #8 or kayles with around 5oz to 8 oz
40 pound mono with weight leader of thirty one knot in case lol
All depends on the water the current and a bunch of other things.
I have a baitcaster and I am using it everytime i go. Tryn to learn it and LOL going through line by the bunches. But practice makes perfect. Hopefully one day I will get the knack of it

·
Registered
38 Posts
I owe puppypal an apology.I made an error in posting,please forgive as I am a noob to this forum.I wasn't trying to hijack her thread,just a posting error on my part.I'm trying to get better at this.Maybe I shouldn't try posting after taken medication! I'm very sorry about this.

·
Registered
87 Posts
falling water is a nice place to visit pretty far from russveagas though up hwy 7. very nice senic camping area not far from there called richland creek.Has some pretty deep holes for dropping limb lines to get some of the tastiest channell cats you have ever had because the water is very cold and clean.well worth a week end get away.

·
Registered
87 Posts
here is a link to the area

Natural waterfalls - beautiful waterfalls - Arkansas waterfalls

Richland Falls/Twin Falls - Two of the state's most beautiful waterfalls are in one spot - where Devil's Fork Creek meets Richland Creek in the Ozark National Forest. From I-40 at Russellville, you'll go north for 36 miles on Scenic 7 Byway to Pelsor. Turn east on Ark. 16 and drive approximately 10 miles to Forest Service Rd. 1205. Turn north and go about eight miles to Richland Creek Campground. You'll park at the lower campground and head west on foot, immediately crossing Falling Water Creek. Hike the Richland Creek Trail for about two miles to the confluence of Devil's Fork Creek. Richland Falls is another 1/4-mile up Richland Creek. These are some the most difficult to reach waterfalls in Arkansas. It is considered a difficult trek, and the trail is very poorly marked.
Hemmed-In Hollow Falls - For a view of this spectacular piece of nature, which is the highest waterfall in Mid-America, ask one of the local outfitters at Ponca for directions. Located in the Buffalo National River Park, you'll have to hike in anywhere from 3.5 to 5 miles (one way), depending on your choice of trailhead. This is also considered a complicated area to access.​

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
chubbyknubbs thanks for posting all the information. Since he is of course a hour and half away i tend not to get all the information. But now at least i get pictures

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.