cars in barns !! neat website for you guys that like old cars!

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by biga, Dec 11, 2008.

1. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    as some of you know i am a car freak i have more and have had way more cars than any one man could need but i love old muscle cars unfortunatly i only have a few left right now but i am always on the hunt!!! this is about my favorite website to pass the the time looking at what is still out there!!! check this site out when you have plenty of free time!! i have some pics of some of my finds that i will be submitting to them soon! http://www.carsinbarns.com/

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Lot of old cars. The good ole days.

Jholl has a killer restore car. Hopefully he will post his hot rod.

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks, that's a cool site. Ashame the kind of cars that rot away out there though. I've seen several myself.

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i have bought a few out of your great state of alabama!!:smile2: that place is a hot spot for old cars!! here is a 69 camaro from the middle of alabama...

Attached Files:

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Very cool website, but they ought to rename it to: "Cars that shoulda been in Barns". LOL! :eek:oooh:

BB in SC

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yep, I'm sure it is too. Rust is not too bad here so that helps I'm sure.

Everytime I go to a one place I hunt I see a nice chevelle just sitting. Guy won't part with it though.

7. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i would trade my boat for a restoreable ss 454 elcamino:roll_eyes: or i will buy one if anyone knows of one.

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i am not much of a camino fan.. but i love chevelles..
    at this time i have a 64 malibu 2dr a 64malibu convertable and my favorite a 70ss chevelle 396 4speed car... it is an unrestored barn find car from down near cadiz kentucky.. bought it from the original owner last year for $1500!!! i have a standing offer of $12000 from a friend but it aint eating a thing were it is:wink:

9. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    This is my car...1974 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am 455 CID Street Machine

Attached Files:

10. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    well i have had 3 elkys 72's a 64 1/2 convertable mustange ,72 chevelle with a ls? 427 ,72 amx javilin 401 police interceptor, 66 chevy pick up that would run in the 7's in an 1/8 mile and a 27 t-bucket that would run 5.90's with a tub of lard in it .:eek:oooh:

11. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i cant post all of them that i have bought and sold or paul would have to upgrade the server lol:smile2:

12. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    :smile2: i hear ya well all i can say is i had a great dad we built them togeather. had a 60 impala 348 tri power, 72 nova ,63 chevy 2 i was a lucky kid. and favorites were my v8 powered cj jeeps

13. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    63 chevyII thats cool!! my daughter has a 62 chevyII that i bought her for her birthday last year...

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Dangit,:crazy:Adam,Ya just had to post a pic of a camero now didn't ya:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::embarassed:

15. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    That site gives me anxiety attacks I cannot stand to see those roadrunners wasting away . I have a 69 roadrunner with a 426 hemi in it that is bad to bone . Once I get a new digital I will post some pictures .

16. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    please do.. i would love to see that. my dad was a mopar man so i have a little bit of a taste for them:wink:

17. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I love and appreciate the worksmanship in all brands of muscle cars. But, I favor old mopars, and mustangs. I love the shelby and the cobrajet mustangs. GOD that site made me sick at my stomach. I hate looking at cars like that rotting away, and the owner wont sell them. I know where a 67 camaro sits with a blueprinted 396. this car is full race from factory. 12 bolt, traction bars, fiberglass hood with hood pins on all 4 corners, etc, etc,. It was in an old shed where i used to work, belonging to the neighbor. they got into a disagreement and the shop owner drug it out into the guys yard and it's been sitting for the last 20 years OUTSIDE!. I've begged the guy so many times over the years to sell it. I talked to him over the summer. and the story never changes. He says " I'm going to start rebuilding it next year. What a fu*^$#@ moron.....

18. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I also knew where a 67 firebird with a 428 and a standard trans sat for the longest time outside. I remember it since I was a kid. It used to look like new. Bright orange, white convertable top. I guess the owner was a young guy that bought the car brand new and got shipped to vietnam shortly after buying it, and got killed. It sat at his parents house outside until a few years ago. It finally got hauled off to a junkyard. It was worthless. you could see through it. and i'm sure the block and trans was ruined. The guy never even started it. I asked him a few times every year to sell it to me. he would'nt part with it. The last time he got pissed at me and told me to get off his porch and never come back. I fired back at him and told him to (&^%^#$^ do something with it or sell it. What would your son think about you letting it sit there and rot? What kind of person would do that? I mean, it was a brand new car.

19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    my lill brother has a 69 pony- boss 302 4speed sitting in his shed she needs redone but all the # are true-and it is exceptionalley sollid he gave 500 bucks for it when he was 16 he is now 36.... it is now worth a very prety penny and he knows it......I cant help but to look at a ole clunker in a yard redid and all although I have never restored a car myself I have a few buddies I have helped over the yrs and appreciate another mans work...I am a ford man but love all the old muscle of America!

20. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    What I find odd is that no one is really into the old Monte Carlos anymore. That's all I've had since high school.

My first one was a '77 Landau coupe that belonged to my grandfather. Blue on blue, 305 motor and TH350trans. Not quick, but cool-looking as hell. After that car died and mom sold it to the local scrap yard for $200 (which she took to the grocery store and stocked the pantry and fridge with....thanks Mom) and I bought a black-on-grey 1987 Monte Carlo Aerocoupe. My buddies and I pulled the 305 and 200-4R out of that car and it got a 383 and a T5. Lotsa memories in that car. I just can't remember all of their names..... After that, I got into the truck scene and drove a dark green '96 Z71 Silverado extended cab with a 350, 5spd, 8in of suspension lift and 3in body lift. I ran 44x12.5s under that truck and drove it all through college. When I was in my sophomore year of college, my grandmother's sister passed away and had left her 1976 Monte Carlo Landau to me in her will. 350/TH350 car, silver on mahogany. I had the car painted black and did some minor motor work on it. After I blew the motor in a drag race (don't ask), I parked it. I traded my Z71 in '01 for an S-10. I drove that truck until two years ago, when I traded it for an '03 GMC Sierra SLE extended cab 2WD, which I'm still driving. Hey, I gotta have something to pull the boat with....

I still have that '76 Monte. It's sitting over at a buddy's shop waiting for it's long-awaited rebuild. I've got all the parts, but haven't gotten around to doing it all yet. There's a fresh .040 over 454 and a TCI TH400 that's BEGGING to be dropped in. If y'all wanna see that car in it's glory days, there's a pic of it over in my albums on my profile. Y'all check it out. Like I said, it's sad that nobody likes the old Montes. Except maybe the demolition derby guys.....