Carrier

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ryang, May 4, 2008.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Anyone watching it, looks like they have the whole series on right now. Its on PBS

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks, the previews looked ok, I'll check it out. :wink::big_smile:

3. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went to pbs to see what you were watching. I saw that show before. I worked as a welder on the Uss Kitty Hawk when it was being built in the New York Ship Yard in Camden New Jersey. Its hard to imagine something that big that actually floats, they are huge....sb

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I've seen part of that series before Gary; it's not on PBS in my area of NC this morning. However, "Carolina Outdoor Journal" is on at the moment, and that's just fine with me :big_smile:.

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    My CO told me about that show, im watching it right now..:big_smile:

6. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Watched the series last week.I really enjoyed it alot.Was interesting to see life on a carrier.

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Most of the stuff would be heaven to a small bouy ( that would be a Destroyer or Frigate Sailor) sailor like myself. We would be getting 30 degree rolls almost all of the time it was fun tho.

8. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Gary, we have been watching the series and it sure brings back old memories for me. I was the (the only hookrunner) hookrunner on the Franklin D. Roosevelt CVA 42 in the early 60s. Man the folks on that carrier have it made, we didn't have anything that nice. Those jets sure messed my hearing up big time.

Hal, I was stationed in Philly going through school for Catapults and Arresting Gear and watched them testing the Catapults of the Kitty Hawk there on the Delaware river from where I attended classes. I was on the Rosey in the Brooklyn Ship Yards in 60 or 61, I don't remember which.