Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am weighing my options on what to replace my carpet with. I have a lowe 175 that needs new flooring. It had carpet in it but I hate carpet for catfishing. I would like something non skid and durable that won't cost a fortune.

G

·
I'm redoing a Lund and had to replace the wood, using West System epoxy, 2 coats, followed by Pettit EZ decks non skid 2 coats.

Too many work trips and cool weather have slowed me way down, The Pettit Outgasses VOC like you wouldn't believe. Do it outside.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I know people have used truck bed liner in their boats and on the trailer tong and fenders. Some are gritty and non slip! Works on metal and wood too.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Does it get slick or have pretty good traction?
well not from fish being in the floor, but back in the winter a big cat bled some on the floor so I took a bucket and took lake water to wash it off, before it all drain ed , it froze then I had a sheet of ice , didn't realize it till the next fish hit and then we were ice skating, but that was my fault. other than that, I hadn't sent any problems,My carpet stayed wet all the time,and the smell was unreal, I go twice a week so it wouldn't never get dried out, this vinyl is dry before I get home.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I cleaned my alum floor with high quality acetone (cleans) then denatured alcohol (removes any oils) then used self etching primer (from rattle cans) then thick coat highest quality industrial oil coating with silica sand tossed plus tossed some quartz chips on top (the multi color flecks) and been holding up great so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many companies repair carpets, but most of them do very poorly. Recently I have found for myself a company that is engaged in carpet repair at a professional level. My carpet was damaged by my dog , who chewed it up, and I couldn't fix it myself. I stumbled upon the number 0488 854 437 by accident and contacted this company. In a short time, they (Carpet Repairs Same-Day Carpet Repair Solutions in Ballarat - Restretching and Patching - Dazzling Carpet Repairs ) repaired my carpet at a very affordable price. I look at it and can't tell the difference between a new carpet from the store. So don't spend a lot of money on a new carpet if you can fix the old one at a great price.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I know this is old but first time I've seen it. When I was a kid my folks repainted the inside of the house. They wanted textured walls so mixed some kind of stuff in the paint that left a texture. Seems to me if you want a texture floor what might work is get a good exterior deck paint and mix sand in it. Mine is about ready, maybe I'll give that a shot

·
Registered
25 Posts
Material is among the most critical aspects of selecting the right carpet for your boat. Polypropylene is the most common material which is resistant to mold, mildew, moisture, and stains. Although you can find carpets made using polyester yarn, these are often costly.
(Ad removed by admin)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts