carpet question

Discussion in 'Boating' started by viperdragon6662003, Mar 3, 2009.

1. viperdragon6662003

viperdragon6662003 New Member

State:
    IL
    hi i have an older bass boat that has out door type carpet in it. i was wondering what i could do to make it look new again and not all matted down

2. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I never had any luck with doing what your asking. Carpet just seems like it doesn't go good with catfish boats. i've pretty much given up and did away with the carpet in mine.

Just a suggestion, might be a good idea if your thinking about an alternative to carpet to maybe look at a spray-on lining for the floor or something along those lines. A lot easier to maintain and clean, no doubt.

3. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    I think I would have to agree..I spent money buying carpet and putting it in my 16' jon..looked nice..gave me something to wipe my hands on~!..and that is about it..got wet and held the water..seemed it would never dry completly out..started smelling funny by the end of the first year..(don't know what from)..took the carpet out..put on a coat of paint and sprinkled light sand on the wet paint..looks good and doesn't bog my boat down like the carpet did.

4. viperdragon6662003

State:
    IL
    thanks for the suggestions. I really dont know how a spray on liner would look in a bass boat. I think i would have to see one with it first.

5. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    To see one, Akwa-Lung1 just did his Ranger with something similiar. it looks like it turned out pretty good. He has made a couple posts about the work as it progressed. I forget the name of the thread, but you should be able to look it up in his posts.

6. viperdragon6662003

State:
    IL
    thanks for the info on the boat. I think it looks good will have to do some pondering on how im going to do mine. Mine is not all fiberglass like his mine is wood and some fiberglass. so thanks all

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    In a few days i'll let ya know:wink: I'm currently replacing the decks on a cajun bassboat and am going with the tuff-coat cabelas sells. Their web site has several reviews of this product and i've spoke with some folks who have used it and they all seem positive. I'm way to rough on a boat for carpet to hold up very long.

8. viperdragon6662003

State:
    IL
    is your boat made with wood and fiberglass or is it all fiberglass.