Carp

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Brando, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I have a friend that lives here in town, but she is originally from the Czech Republic. She wants to have a carp to fix for a Christmas Eve dinner. Apparently, carp are a big deal in the 'ol CR. Does anyone know of a place in the Louisville area (or nearby) where I can catch some carp for her? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    there is a little creek over by BERNHEIM that has some carp in it or maybe,otter creek where it dumps into the river or the rolling fork or the falls . those are some places you might try.

3. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
  4. Big-Blue

Big-Blue New Member

State:
    Louisville,KY
    McNeely Lake or Fishermans Park are a few places near J'town Ferncreek area.

Green River, Rough River, and Taylorsville Lake have some monster carp.

5. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Which lakes at Fisherman's park have carp? I was out there just the other day with my cousins, as a matter of fact. Also, are the carp easy to get to from the bank at Taylorsville lake? No boat for me yet...

6. Big-Blue

Big-Blue New Member

State:
    Louisville,KY
    The two Bigger lakes at Fishermans and at Taylorsville I've caught them from the bank w/ nightcrawlers or strawberry dough bait.

I don't normally fish for them just happen to catch some when fishing for channels

7. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Sweet. Thanks for the help!