Carp

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by Fishin Freak, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Fishin Freak

Fishin Freak New Member

State:
    Kansas
    One of my buddies’ grandpas told me this one. I used it in the past with great luck.

what you will need

One 2-20lb carp cut up into 1' to 2' squares
    one med sized jar
    brown sugar
    mustard

take the carp and put one layer in the jar at the bottom
    then put a layer of mustard on top just enough to cover the carp chunks
    then some brown sugar on top of that
    repeat until the jar is full.

The key part of this is Dig you a hole to bury the jar keep the lid cracked open to let it breath keep it in the hole for one week but no less then 7days. can keep it in the hole for more then that but must be at least 7 days

after the 7days to how ever long you left it un bury it tighten the lid and go fishing. But do use some latex or rubber gloves to bait your hook the smell is very hard to get off your hands.

hope this helps out :big_smile:

2. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    That sounds like a good project to try out....I've always wondered what "burying it in the ground" had to do with it????Dwight

3. Fishin Freak

Fishin Freak New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i think it dose two things:

1. it keeps the smell out of your yard, house, shed, ect
    2. i also think it slow cures the mix rather then keeping it out and taking the chance of spoiling before the mix cures. since the ground is always cooler then the outside temp i will slowly cure and soak the mix together. i have had this mix before boiling in the jar when i forgot it on the truck dash then came back to get it a few hours later and it didn't work as well as before it was boiling.