Carp

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Scott Iconelli, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Scott Iconelli

Scott Iconelli New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Do you guys like to carp fish

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They're dandy fighters and I have ate a few but my favorite is Mr Whiskers!pk:smile2:

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I agree with pk powell! They put up a great fight. My grandfather taught me how to fish, and he mostly fished for carp. Filleting them can be a little tricky! And they taste really good, too!But I love to catch cats just a little more.

4. noeran

noeran New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I really enjoy fishing for them. They put up a great fight. I usually go to Carp Lakes and hope for the best.

5. ironorr

ironorr New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I really want to get into it. It seems like it's fun and challenging and that they put up a very good fight, especially the larger ones. I just need to learn more from people and find out where the best waters are to fish for them.

6. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well Well,scott Figured Out How To Do A Post!!!! You Know That I Like Carp,since I Taught You How To Catch Them.lmao

7. liverboy

liverboy New Member

State:
    Tonopah, Arizona
    Hey Scott, I dont mind it cause where i go fishing here in Arizona, i go channel cat fishing and i always catch carp but they are still fun to catch, cause its a fish at the end of my line...lol...catcha later Scott! :smile2:

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Sorry Scott, I Just Felt The Need To Mess With You. For Those That Didn't Know, I'm Scotts Uncle.

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    here's my biggest this year at 26lbs

10. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    heck yeah i like catchin a big ole carp,, some good fightin in them......

11. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    As Long As I Have Been Fishing Now I Still Haven't Caught A Carp Yet, But Im Most Of The Time Targeting The Kitties. I Guess Carp Don't Like A Nice Fresh Piece Of Cut Suspended On A Slipbobber At About 12-15 Foot.

Wheelmobile07

12. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Scott, I haven't caught a carp in years but I've been thinking about trying for them again. They sure do put up a good fight. Mom use to pressure cook and can them and then she would make fish patties out of them. We eat a ton of them when I was a kid.

Welcome to the Brotherhood. We are glad to have you in the family.

st

13. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Carp are great to catch...

14. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey, Blacky. That's a good looking Carp. I've been fishing for them the past couple years but only get 5 or 6 pounders. Been using some of the receipes from the Library, seem to work pretty good.

15. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    i fish robinson lake and i have caught a few 2/3 lbs out of there and a 5 lb. i love to carp fish and to me carp put up a better fight than catfish ...but then again ive never caught a catfish so i really dont know which puts up a better fight but im pretty sure if you ask some more people on the bock they can help you out...well go catch a big one:big_smile_2: