The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

361 - 370 of 370 Posts

·
Administrator
10,418 Posts
I am a little curious about your new spot. Don't want to know where it is and it wouldn't help me anyway since I am a good ways south. But do you see others fishing that area or does it seem to be just you fishing it. It sure seems to have some nice carp in it so we will be expecting more.

tight lines

·
Registered
582 Posts
I proded the locals a but more this time, the spot I mainly fish is the obvious spot for carp (features, bay like, wind sheltered... if you showed any carper worth their salt the general area on a map they would pick the exact spot im always fishing. ) one guy I talked to says he sees 2 to 3 carpers every 2 weeks to a month and that 24-48 hour sessions are not rare. A nice little spot that a few people know of and take care of it seems. I have got very lucky with the average size of my fish. Most of the time one would need to weed through alot of high teens and low 20s to get a high 20 and 30s can take years to get but i have had a 27,28, 3 29s, and a 35. Awesome spot when they are on the feed. Should note I had a 17 hour period with not so much as a nibble before the flurry of action however. I did a 23h session and only had fish in the area for 6 hours of it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got another PB. On fire at this spot. 35lbs 12oz caught on a size 4 blowback bolt rig. Hookbait was a double stack of fake corn with a panko oat based tuti fruti flavored packbait. Felt like I was wrapped in a log but nope, just turns out I couldn't move him lol. First 30 and smashed my old pb by over 6lbs. (Bottom fish was in the retention sling as the top one hit so not a true double but one heck of a picture... 29lb 5oz next to a 35 12)
No kidding, you are on fire!! Glad to see someone is catching big carp.

This is encouraging for me. I been trying to get this one carp that looks very big to us (or maybe there are several of them at this size, I dunno). We have seen it on several occasion swimming near the surface in the morning. My son said it is a whale lol

·
Registered
582 Posts
No kidding, you are on fire!! Glad to see someone is catching big carp.

This is encouraging for me. I been trying to get this one carp that looks very big to us (or maybe there are several of them at this size, I dunno). We have seen it on several occasion swimming near the surface in the morning. My son said it is a whale lol
Have you tried prebaiting the spot? Makes a huge difference! I didn't with this one but whenever I try for grass carp I always do. It can be the difference between a complete fail or a success. I like to use boiled feed corn when prebaiting personally

361 - 370 of 370 Posts