Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
341 - 360 of 396 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,796 Posts
Darn the is a long haul. If your heading south you could be down this way. I am taking into account the two hours you would be stuck in Chicago traffic. Anyway, you done good.

·
Registered
Don from Glendale Arizona
4,966 Posts
Looks like you've found a serious new honey hole.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Do you get better results in the day or night in that spot? The temps here make for much better results at night.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Do you get better results in the day or night in that spot? The temps here make for much better results at night.
That particular spot had a window of about 4am to 12pm and then again at 4 PM to 12am. This is pretty usual fo the spots I go to. I try to catch the sunrise and sunset bites but I have found I have caught my biggest fish mid day for some reason.... not sure why.

·
Registered
585 Posts
That skyline in the back ground looks pretty blocky. lol

Good idea Jacob and your doing good.
Yea sorry about that. Had a problem with a few spots of mine becoming community holes a few years ago and try my best to safe guard my better spots. I proabably dont need to worry about this one since it's not exactly a secret but I would have less carp foshing pressure there than more lol.

·
Premium Member
11,796 Posts
No, there is absolutely no reason to be sorry Jacob. That is the wise thing to do. There is a lot of fishing pressure today so you are right to protect your spot. Keep catching those 20 pounders.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Tried something new (for me) last nite. Got a 50 lb bag of 12% all stock sweet feed from Tractor Supply and used it as chum. Also ground some up with creamed corn & jello for my method feeder. The feed was only slightly more expensive than feed corn ($10 vs $9) but no there's no boiling! The breakdown rate seems about right.

·
Registered
585 Posts
That's how my trip was Tuesday. Got 8, but were all small in the 3 to 5 lb range. And not a single mirror. The tilapia were doing some serious bait stealing...even the artificial stuff.
Yeah was shocked I didnt have to deal with cats myself. I saw one pecking off tightly packed schools of shad on top... never seen a topwater catfish bite before. Small carp are better than no carp I spose.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Got another PB. On fire at this spot. 35lbs 12oz caught on a size 4 blowback bolt rig. Hookbait was a double stack of fake corn with a panko oat based tuti fruti flavored packbait. Felt like I was wrapped in a log but nope, just turns out I couldn't move him lol. First 30 and smashed my old pb by over 6lbs. (Bottom fish was in the retention sling as the top one hit so not a true double but one heck of a picture... 29lb 5oz next to a 35 12)
Fish Fish Fishing Carp Fisherman
Fish Fish Carp Fishing Coregonus lavaretus

·
Registered
585 Posts
nice catch!
I was shocked when it popped up. I knew it was gonna be big but when I first saw its side various expletives were proclaimed and a wide grin developed. Funny thing was I had the 29 in the sling to get better lighting for good pics as that is a really good fish for me and then not 20 minutes later I had another that absolutely dwarfed it.

341 - 360 of 396 Posts