Carp Swarm!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Spongiform, May 13, 2006.

1. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    This sure isn't something you see everyday!

Here's the full article.

Thought it was interesting :eek:oooh:

2. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Joe Pool Lake in central Texas has a spot like that. At the Marina people go inside, buy a box of cheerios open it and dump it in. I would bet 2000 or more carp boil up like that. I have some non digital photos soemwhere. They get so thick when people feed them like that, that some actually accidentally jump on shore trying to get the cheerios that are at the bank. You have to help put them bakc in the water.

3. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    We used to have an Amusement park here in Ohio called Americana and there we thousands upon thousands of carp that swarmed like that when you threw the fish food in the water.Americana is closed now and i dont know what happened to the carp but there were a ton of them

4. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    I want to fish in there!!!

5. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    lol throw a cast net in there and you'll be set for life w/ bait...

6. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    would be set for ever,but you would need a big a$$ freezer though

7. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    The Marina at Beechfork Lake in WV is like that and some of the carp appear to be around 30 lbs.
    Great place to take children, Hand 'em a bag of popcorn or something and watch the pure joy on their faces as they feed the swarm. Almost as fun as catching them yourself!

8. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland

Only problem would be hauling that cast net in with over 200 or more lbs of carp in it...

That would be fun to ultra light in... cast to the outter edges w/ a big old piece of bread or something... cause you know its mostly the smaller ones going for the main stuff :wink: