Carp shooting.

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by kat buster, Jul 24, 2006.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Ok last week me and my friend went out bowfishing. I ended up driving the boat because my dad was sailing with Captain Morgan. But thats a diffrent story. So I was driving and my friend was shooting when what I thought was a log my friend yelled carp and put a arrow in it. He was right it was a 20 pound carp laying right at the bottom. We got it in the boat no problem. The problem was when we had it in the boat and it wouldn't stop flopping around!

2. cschottfish

cschottfish New Member

State:
    Ofallon, Mo.
    wack them in the head with a hammer.

3. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    keep large cooler full of ice and toss em in that

4. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Thats awesome bro! What do ya do with em after ya get em? Some guys around here do that with crossbows and spears. Looks kinda interesting.

5. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    If a big ol' carp is not tired out at all once he's in the boat, you are in for some big time floppin'. You would have to whack him pretty good with an oar or hammer to knock him out.

6. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Great to see fellow bowfisherman out sticking some pigs!! I have been going out night bowfishing and if you get to go, you will get ten times the shots. A few friends and i got back from Rocky Fork lake and ended the night with 80 carp. Great shoot! If anyone living close to the central ohio area want to go out just give me a call.

7. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like a super night, glad to here you are knocking out a few!!

8. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I'm trying to get them under control...lol...Like that will ever happen....lol