Carp - score

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by IamMike, Feb 26, 2006.

1. IamMike

IamMike New Member

State:
    Ohio (near cincy)
    I know that some people fish for carp and thats great if you like it. I don't know if anyone here hates catching those fish like me, but here is how we score fishing on my bank or boat.

Channel = 1 pt
    Shovel or blue under 10 lbs = 1 pt
    Shovel or blue 10lbs+ = 2 pt
    Carp = negative 2 pt
    'trophy' carp = negative 2 pt and be the laughed at, heavily

A friend of mine got a negative six one day and still hasn't heard the end of it. I accidentally caught a 20 pound carp out of the Ohio river and have never heard the end of it. Its the biggest carp caught out of my circle of friends, and I still am full of shame from it.

*** I am not trying to offend carp fishermen, but I can't stand those stinky, slimy sucker fish ***

2. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Haha...thats funny. I love carp fishing...but I am glad you can word it like that. We need more fishermen like you that understands it aint for everyone. We have a similar scorecard when me and my friends fish too.

Channel cat under 10 lbs - 1pt.
    Channel cat over 10 lbs. - 2pt.
    Flathead or blue under 10 - 2pt.
    Flathead or blue over 10 - 4pt.
    Carp over 20 lbs - 1pt.
    Other fish - 0 points.

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Well, I'm a bowfisherman and I guess my score card would read from IamMike's point of view. I would have a Negative score of 3,000,000 points last year. But with ScottWiseman point of view of points I would have 1,500,000 points. I guess I'm doing pretty bad with a ended total of negative1,500,000 points. I really need to start trying harder. I guess I suck as a carp fisherman.;)