Carp questions

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Ahquabi_Master, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I went through some of the carp forums and still have a couple questions. The first is, what is a super easy, super economical homemade mixture other than corn? Also is carp fishing productive at night? If not when are some of the better times of the day to fish for em?

2. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    The homemade bait i use for carp is wheaties and big red soda, just mix them in a bowl, be careful not to use to much bigred. Use just enough to mix the wheaties by hand to a good thick ball, like dough and use on a trebble hook.
    I have caught some monster carp on this. I have done well during both days and night. Hope this helps you out, good luck

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

There are a few recipes posted one is
    1 pack strawberry jello
    1 cup yellow corn meal
    1/3 cup oat meal
    3 table spoons white flour
    1 table spoon vanilla
    pinch of salt

mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and set to the side.
    bring one cup of water to a boil add vanilla. stir in dry ingredients and cook for 45 seconds stirring the entire time. remove from heat and place on wax paper are news paper and form into a ball when cool place into ziplock bag.

I am not sure who posted this recipe, but I can not take credit for it. I haven't tried it yet but it goes with almost every recipe I have seen for carp. Good luck and I hope this helps.

4. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    There are many homemade carp baits that are easy to make but Wheaties seem to work just great for me. Do have some cornmeal mix with vanilia ready to go. Like to try a couple different baits. Wheaties just seem to produce more often.