Carp in Kansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by jm_magic, Sep 5, 2007.

1. jm_magic

jm_magic New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I know this is the catfish board, but I am trying to specifically target Kansas fishermen.

Does anybody know of any good spots in Southeast Kansas to target carp. I really am not to good at fishing rivers. I'm thinking more along the line of a certain pit that you know holds carp.

Any help would be great. I happened to have snagged one years ago, and that thrill has still not left me:smile2:

Thanks

2. Fishin Freak

Fishin Freak New Member

State:
    Kansas
    hey, you might want to take a trip to El Dorado Spillway, Their were about 50-60 carp just sitting on the top about a week ago, Down stream in the weeds. haven't checked to see if they are still there since last week. most of them looked to be over 3-5lbs. it's not a pit or watershed, more of a river but the flow right now is very slow you should have no problems fishing for them the bottom is nothing but small rocks not much to snagg up on

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    We just fished a tournament on Milford Lake in Kansas. We didn't catch any other than one in the throw net but we regularly seen them jumping from one end of the lake to the other. Just watch out for those inbred channel cat:smile2:.

4. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    There are some dandies at Fall River Reservoir also some huge flatheads. The Arkansas River in Wichita has some big carp also.

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    :0a26:ELDORADO LAKE,COWLEY COUNTY LAKE, WINFIELD CITY LAKE, WELLINGTON CITY LAKE ,JUST TO NAME A FEW.

6. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    FISH BUY THE FEEDERS!:wink:

7. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    Good Advice there Chris I know that your Dad and I have caught some large ones over at Wellington. Hows it goin by the way??

8. jamminbassplayer

jamminbassplayer New Member

State:
    kansas
    I caught a 7 pound carp out of the west bank of the walnut river. it's more creek like than riverlike, there's not much current and really shallow. I see fish in there all over, but I don't have much luck snagging them. I fished Augusta lake the other week, and it looked like carp were jumping all over the place, but I never caught a thing.