Carp in eastern Pa

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by kaleigh, Mar 17, 2006.

1. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    as a kid I rember giant carp in the Delaware River.Do any of the brothers have any places to look for carp? I am just now getting into carp fishing!;)

2. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Somebody has to have some ideas for Eastern Pa....HELP ME :0a36: :0a36:

3. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I made a post on the CAG forum for you...but no hits yet. I am working on it. I would suggest a warm water discharge (I think there is one nearby?) to fish this time of year...and almost any rivers should be loaded with them. Remember with it still being cold, think small..so things like bread, sweet corn, and small bran balls (wheatie balls) would work well right now. Find pools in the river and you will find carp.

4. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Here is some info:
    Delaware Water Gap around Rt. 80 or any other state/local park on the Delaware River. Schuylkill river in Montgomery and Philadelphia county. Nockamixon lake, Blue Marsh Reservoir, Lake Ountelanee, etc......
    The Delware is loaded with carp as is the D&R canal ...
    Theres a state park called Bulls Run on both waters .. Try that out!!!

I also have a web site about Eastern PA...but I dont think I can post it on here.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    New to site.

Schukyll River below any dams Blackrock, Flatrock, and Fairmount.

6. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    welcome blacky! yep thats what i say anywhere on the delaware

7. cjb10876

cjb10876 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Lake Nocamixon has some nice carp. I also caught a 24" carp while trout fishing with about 2" of night crawler in the Delaware canal park in Easton a couple years ago. I've also seen some real nice carp in the Lehigh canal, but they spook pretty easily. It seems like about anywhere in the Lehigh Valley at least is cruddy with carp. Good luck finding them.