Carp - I need help.

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tomcat85, Oct 4, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i have heard that there are carp in moraine state park and i would really like to catch one but i cant seem to find any. these are my next favorite fish next to the cats! so has anyone ever caught one there? if so can you help me out! please!!!!!

2. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    never heard of that State Park.Where is it?

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    its in the butler, pa area.

4. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Find a flat area, such as a cove, or somewhere shallow. Take several cans of sweet corn and chum the whole area. You can try fishing then, but it might not be very good. come back the next day and chum up good again. Use at least 2-3 cans of corn to chum. After about 1/2 start fishing. You should be able to see the carp if the waters clear. This goes for pretty much anywhere by the way.

5. darklight825

darklight825 New Member

State:
    pa
    It's lake arthur. I caught a few small ones there on vanalla and shredded wheat. Most of my bigger carp come from the Mon river or Canonsburgh Lake.

6. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Josh

Where did you catch that big guy??

7. Bucktail033

Bucktail033 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Lake arthur is my absolute favorite place to fish in the summer. I've only caught three carp in 5 years of summer fishing at the lake. Nightcrawlers and dough ball are the favorites. There are also big channels in the lake along the shoreline during the summer months. The carp hit right off the drop off during the day and at night you can catch them under the 422 bridge. Good luck!

8. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Do you guys use that "Hair rig"? I just started using it as of today. The water is still a little high yet so I didn't have much luck but seems like a decent system anyway. I use the hair & bolt rig.

9. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa
    use hair rig most of the time, it also works great on catfish

10. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Thats good to know! I thought it might for our channels up here. I'll have to try it out. Is it easier to use livers that way?
    I know that regular old field corn soaked for a day or so soften them up and thread them on with a baiting needle and use a little piece of cork as a stopper and it seems like it would take carp. I learned that from a UK fishing site.

11. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa
    soak your field corn a couple of days, then cook for about 1 hour, put some flavouring in, vannilla, cinnamon, ect while you cool\k

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    How does canned corn stack up against field corn?

13. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa
    it works great, put some in a small plastic container with the juice and add some flavourings to it and let it set overnite

14. darklight825

darklight825 New Member

State:
    pa
    can someone explain the hair rig. I've never heard of it.

15. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa