Carp gear

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by countrycat15, Jul 13, 2006.

1. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    hey guys, just wanted to know what kind of gear everybody uses to go after carp(rods,reels,line,hooks,ect).also if any body has any pics of carp u have cought i would love to see them.

my setup is cheap bass rods, shakespeare sigma baitcaster,abu garcia 5000, berkly big game 15 pound test line,eagle claw #8 hooks.:big_smile:

2. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    anything cheap....i've been wantin to try one with my ultralight ugly stick lol....i think i could land one with 4lb if my drag was loose enough....its gonna be interesting...

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I use a 808 reel attached to a PSE Coyote.....lol

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I had an old zebco 404 combo that I used. With a size 1/0 J hook. And 8lb line. It seemed to work jsut fine for me.

5. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    I use several different rods and reels for my carp pursuits. But, my most fun rods for catching them are light action ones (from 6 1/2 feet to 13 feet) using 4 to 6 pound test line with light to ultra light spinning reels. But, the drags have to be smooth and working properly or a lot of line will get snapped. Since, carp can give a sizzling run and can pop line in an instant if your drag catches for just a microsecond.

6. CountryCarp14

CountryCarp14 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey kenny i am back fromthe beach but that 808 works
    well