Carp Fishing Video

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by D_Weezy, Feb 6, 2007.

1. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
  2. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    cool video thanks fore the post

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    good grief, talk about fishing in a puddle! thanks for the video....

4. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    D_Weezy, Thanks for Posting! I watched almost all of them and most of them were Great!

HOPPY4

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    :big_smile: that deserves a cup of tea! :big_smile: that was a pretty cool video, thanks for sharing! i liked that giant crappie pole the one guy was using! you just can't beat carp on light tackle.

6. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Started watching it but i gotta let the rest load. So far what i saw looks good. Thanks for sharing.

7. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Jordan, this summer on your way to/from Eufaula, stop by and I'll let you try an 8m pole. Can't promise that we'll get carp with it, but we'll catch something.
    Will

8. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Will,
    Where did you get your match pole, how much did it cost and what brand is it? I have been wanting to buy one for a while. I found one that is 39.99 Euro it is a Zebco Topic 9.5 meter carbon pole. Do you think this is a good pole? I am sure that it is a really cheap model compared to most of the others. Scroll down to the bottom and check it out. Tell me what you think of it. Should I be thinking of spending more like 75.00 Euro? Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.tackleup.com/match_poles_5.htm

9. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Dale, I got mine from Paul at Wacker Baits. It's a Ron Thompson Zensorflex 8m @ $26.79. He also has a Holograph-X Competition 9.5m for $70.39.
    He had some Fox elasticizing kits, but looks like he's out now. Ouch, it looks like he don't even have any bungs left, that's going to hurt when rigging up a new pole. I forgot what size of elastic I have.
    I found the floats that I'm going to use on E-Bay, Crystal wagglers. The line, main line is 4lb fluorocarbon and the hook link is either 2 or 1lb fluorocarbon. the hooks are just a selection of fly hooks that I find at Bass Pro. I like the the WR-069 scud hook, and the WR-011straight eye dry fly hook. Also have a few other styles to round out the kit. But carry hooks from #10 down to #24. I also carry a good selection of the Bass Pro clam shot. It's a lot cheaper and as good as the Thill float shot. Past couple of years, I've been using a 13' Cabela's live bait rod with an Okuma EB-30, as a float set up and it's been a blast. Caught a 15lb carp on it. This is going to be my first year with a pole.
    I'd look at the poles that Paul has first. It'll be cheaper on the pole and shipping itself. Have to remember the shipping from the UK will cost, and the nice people at customs, and there's only a few British companies that'll know how to do the paperwork. Plus, the dollar is real weak against the sterling. $2 = £1 and $1.31 = €1
    Bad thing is, there's still some pieces of kit that will have to bought from the UK, but it can usually be found on Ebay.co.uk. Send me a pm if you want to know which sellers ships over here.
    Hope this helps a bit, Will

10. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Thanks for the info Will. I also have one of the 13ft Cabela's live bait rods, they are great. I am going to try and find the bungs, so I can use one these poles for carp, catfish and crappie. I have a park near me with a lot of carp. I really want to try a pole, it looked like fun on that video. Do you have a site that shows exactly how to rig a pole with the elastic?

11. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Now I don't usually sit for 23 minutes and watch a video on the web, but that wasnt long enough! Thanks a lot for the link - if you come across any more of those shows please PM me.