Carp fishing today

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by mcwrestler, May 13, 2006.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am going to leave ina few minutes to search for a 20lb carp, while in reality I will probably get them in the 10lb range. Yesterday I upped my PB grassie to 19lbs 2 oz. Hopefully I find a big common.

2. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Good luck!!!! Post your results.

3. tanisha418

tanisha418 New Member

good luck :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

4. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, I had no luck that day, but yesterday I caught 8 carp. 4 were less than 6lbs, at least I assume so, I only weigh larger ones. The other 4 were like this:
    8lbs 5oz
    7lbs 9oz
    15lbs 3oz
    12lbs 1oz (Mirror, I assume it is the same one I caught the other day, only a few ozs less).

Really good day, and all caught on top water. I like it that way because I can usually weed out small fish. I hook most from a bridge 15ft above the water so I see fish coming, then launch out the bread without weight and look for the big one. It gets hard to pull the bread away from some decent ones in hopes of the 15+ fish. Last year I pulled away from an easy 12lber to catch a 5lber instead, but also pulled away from 10+ and landed an old PB of 19lb 9oz, stood untill the 22.3lb fish this april. I just finished my last exam for the year, so after I move back home, all of 5 minutes away, it is off to the ponds. I want the 30.