Carp feeding video

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by LiquidSteel, Oct 16, 2006.

1. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Ok, I know most of us here love to fish for cats. Myself included. I stumbled upon this video of someone (certainly not me) who video taped carp feeding underwater. Now to some, this will be agonizingly boring, and long. The video is about 5 1/2 minutes long. But it gives an insight to what the carp look like when they are "vaccuming" up their meals. For the carp fisherman, please enjoy!

Tight lines to ya!!!

Kenny

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4218586439606286884&q=carp+jerome+moisand

2. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    thanks for the video. those fish, even the bream, looked almost uninterested. i bet they are well fed every day.

3. villaitefla

villaitefla New Member

State:
    Florida
    Great link to the videos featured on the Carp Anglers Group website.
    I'm a member of the CAG and they do some good stuff for carping in the US. The videos clearly show how a carp "sucks and blows" food before it finally takes it in. That's why a lot of carp fisherman use a hair rig, which basically allows us to fish a bait off the hook. This way the bait doesn't feel any different to the carp (i.e. no added weight of the hook to make it suspicious) Even on a relatively non-carp-fished water, a hair rigged bait will out fish an on-the-hook bait every time.

4. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Cool Video! Thanks for the post.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Pretty wild, thanks for sharing.

6. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    HAHAHA i eat like that sometimes! just kidding:lol: definately enjoyed the video ive often wondered how carp feed and now i know!

7. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Those are great! What good insight that is. As I watched the videos it makes wonder how many times my bait gets mouthed like that before a fish gets hooked. Some of those baits got picked up nearly a dozen times before one got hooked.

I'd love to fish with one of those cameras!

8. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    that is a great video. thanks for sharing it