Carp Bait ?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigcatman0001, May 28, 2008.

1. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Alot of the areas I fish are loaded with carp, but I have only caught one when I was fishing catawba worms one day. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to use for carp bait? I figure I might as well try and catch some.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    If I was you and there are alot of carp around, even if they aint alot of carp around the best bait that I have used here, was getting them canned biscuits and taking the dough and making little balls, and putting them on the hook and they work really good on catching carp good luck to you keep us posted on how you do. Good luck.

3. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    I have heard of canned whole kernal corn working too.

4. BrianD

BrianD New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    This is all I have to say...........Wheaties, Limburgercheese, and some hamburger in a doe ball............they will eat it, guaranteed...................and i dont' care what anyone says, they are fun to catch..........thats really the only fishin i used to do as a kid.........just caught em to haul em and let em go

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Whole Kernal Corn is what I use.

6. BIG CHAD

BIG CHAD New Member

State:
    south carolina baby
    well bo i make my own carp dough out of vanilla, cinnamin, or cherry coke. it works great. oh can corn works great to. i always bait a spot up two or three days before with whole corn iv socked in water for three days. the only problem i have is the right hook size. good luck:smile2: