Carp bait

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by santeecat12, Apr 13, 2007.

1. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    i was wandering the people on here that carp fish sometimes can you tell me what kind of bait yall use we take some millet and some flour and some corn syrup and sometimes we use grits and we use them pumpkin seeds whatever they put in them i dont know but we caught most of our carp off of grits and millet and if yall do make yalls own bait what do yall catch most of them off of.

2. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use a similar instant/quick grit pack with butternut, but my main bait is hair rigged corn soaked in butternut, punched bread on a hair. Those are my favorite easy to get baits. The most productive baits I have used are by K-1, a local carper from TN who now has the baits online. His baits have really produced well. Especially Pineapple Ice Cream. I will be trying his milk and egg boilies soon hopefully. These are my hair rigged baits. I float alot of bread on top, and mix up a floating dough bait for top water that consists of powdered milk, old vanilla protein powder, wheat puffs, flower, and any flavoring. The wheat puffs cause it to float and the powdered milk leaves a trail to attract carp. What I usually do is put this on the hook, making sure the hook goes through some of the wheat puffs, then dip the bait n the powdered milk so even more comes off as soon as it hits. I have no exact measurements, I just make sure it is real thick.

3. fishallday927

fishallday927 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ummmm i like strawberry jello corn flakes corn and vanilla nightcrawlers

4. fess

fess New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I recently had myself a little fun catching carp. I usually make my doughballs out of peanut butter flour and vanilla. I made my last one out of cherry jello mollases and flour mixed up until it will stay on the hook. It works great.

5. pincheweddo

pincheweddo New Member

State:
    Texas
    I usually just use anything I find in the cabnet that will make a good conglomerate (like concrete with different size stuff in it). The first four are required, then it is just what ever you find in the cabnet to make it hold together. I call it "Sweet Brown Anise".

1. Cheap Corn Flakes
    2. Brown sugar
    3. Jello any flavor
    4. Anise Extract

5. Wheat bran
    6. Flour
    7. Protein Power (this worked REALLY GOOD)
    8. Corn bread mix
    9. Dried bread crums
    10. Seseme Seeds

The protein power made this stuff get so hard I had to get my knife after it. I kept missing bites all day and then I figured out I was using too much. So I sized it down to about a marble size inside of a #4 treble with all 3 hooks showing very well.

6. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    thanks for the info guys now i can take yalls advice and mabye catch some more fish.

7. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa
    ANYBODY HAVE THE WEBSITE FOR K-1 BAITS, THANKS

8. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i dont catch many cats. but carp i can catch all day everyday. i use dole crused pineapple in heavy surop. and wheaties. nothing but wheaties. no other barnd flake has ever produced for me. i usually always fish for carp and cats at the same time . i love catching them. but i have caught many 15 plus carp withy this bait

9. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I always just used Shredded Wheat cereal, the big biscuits.
    Put one in the palm of your hand and lay it in the water till it sinks, then ball it up. Maybe with a drop or three of vanilla extract.(anise, butternut, or whatever) If you do not get it too wet, it balls up nicely. Pinch off the size you need and form it 'round your hook.
    One of the best things about using it is that you can keep it (dry) in your tackle box or bag and have fresh bait anytime you need it. In a pinch, you can even eat it if you are real hungry.

Believe I may try that with pineapple juice this year.

Good Luck!

10. catman823

catman823 New Member

State:
    pa
    I make up a mixture of corn, vanilla, and sugar, then thread the corn on a modified hair rig. Works well for Carp in PA.

11. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

or you can just use wheaties and cheap strawberry soda and mix them together. works quite well

12. Pincheweddo:

Wonder if the Power Bar folks know about this? Maybe you can get the Carp distributorship in Texas. ;-)

13. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i keep hearing pineapple flavors work well so im gonna give that a try but ive always done well just with corn.

14. Rhinospawn

Rhinospawn New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I use corn and small marshmellows..