Carp Bait!!

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by MRR, Oct 23, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Here is one that I always had good luck with when Fishing for Carp.

Carp Bait!
    Add corn meal,whole kernal sweet corn and Banana abstract to a pot of boiling water. mixture will turn into paste.Then add Wheaties and wheat grem cereal to the paste and form intointo dough balls.
    Red Doughballs!!
    Same as above except in place of corn use Strawberry Gelatin.

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the recipe! I use 2 types of carp baits:

1) Melt 1 cup (cubed) Velveeta in the microwave. Mix with flour until it forms a paste. I sometimes add a few drops of vanilla abstract. I have caught both cats and carp on this bait.
    2) Crush 2 ripe bananas. Add wheaties a handfull at a time until it forms a paste. Add a small amount of flour to help it stick.

Good luck!

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Do you guys fish that on a hair rig or not? Just curious how you fish this stuff. I'm gonna try some of these paste type baits. I hear they produce good. Thank you for the recipies.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    What I use is a treble hook.It stays on real good.You can use the ones with the spring or without.Whichever you perfer.

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Gotcha, Thanks.:wink:

6. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    When you make up your wheaties bait, do you use it right away or does it keep?

I made up a batch Wednesday night and it really made a good ball around the hook. It was like making a snowball in wet snow. I bagged it in ziploc bags and put it in the fridge. Thursday, it wouldn't pack for nothing. :sad2: I added more liquid but it just made it soupy. It was pretty much just chum after that.

7. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I had the same problem w/ one of my homemade carp baits. I added a ton of Aunt Jemima syrup to it. It helped it stick together a lot better but didn't get a bite....next time I'm only making a just enough for the day and keep making it each day before I go fishing...

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I fish it on a ringed treble as well. I have experimented with fishing it on a small single hook with thread or a pen spring added. It does not work as well as the treble. I might try a hair rig, though.

9. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I

I try to use it that day. It might be okay the following day, but mine tends to dry out after a day or two.

10. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    As I was getting ready for my trip last weekend, I bought a bag of deer corn to use. I knew that I was going to have to boil it to tender it up a bit. So I scooped up a pan full out of the bag, brought it in, and topped it off with water. I left about a half inch at the top so that the water wouldn't boil over too bad. I put that big pan on the stove and started cooking that corn. At the same time I was mixing up the dough bait with the Wheaties and strawberry pop. I noticed that every 10 minutes of so I had to add water to the pan. I just thought it was evaporation. What I didn't pay attention to was that the corn was absorbing the water and was swelling! :eek:oooh: A lot!

When I finally realized what was going on, the corn had swollen up at least a full inch and was rounded up over the top of the pan and starting to fall out on the stove! :embarassed: I quickly started the transfer to other containers before my wife caught me. She was already giving me the eye for mixing up the dough bait with the stand mixer. I knew I wouldn't hear the end of it if she walked through and the corn was pouring out of that pan.

11. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Cook a cup of elbow macaroni about three quarters done (pliable enough to put on a hook, but not tender enough to fall off; I think the Italians call it "al dente"). Mix a package of dry mustand with a quarter cup of beer, or other liquid, add powdered sugar to form a paste, mix it into the macaroni. This mixture will be hot to the taste. Carp love it, and if you get hungry, it's perfectly safe for human consumption; providing you kept everything clean while fixing it.

Have a nice day.

12. noeran

noeran New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    This is new to me (hot to the taste). I always thought carp turned toward sweet flavor. Macaroni, I have to try this. Thanks.
    Randy

13. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi

hahahaha...your in trouble!.. I've been caught several times doing similar things! The wifes look is a kodak moment for sure! LOL I'm laughing with you not at you!

14. matt_k_a

matt_k_a New Member

State:
    texas
    caught two carp yesterday with stale bread softend with spit & creekwater put on a small bucktail

15. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Try putting your doughballs in freezer bags.Put in freezer until you are ready to go fishing.By the time you get there they are thawing out.Stays on hook real nice and dissolves in the water as it thaws.It will not fall apart and I don't use treble hooks for them.Makes catch and release much easier,and does not cause as much damage to the fish! :0a26:

16. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    thanks for the recipe,i might have to try that one day.

17. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    :0a26: 5 pounds of soybean mill,two cans of cream corn,2 cans of cream corn for every 5 pounds,flavering...which ever you like.

18. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    thats a good bait for buffs,also pack it around a sugar pop on your hook.