carp bait?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by bluecatfish, Sep 10, 2009.

1. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal

SAME MINE FAST TIME CATCH CARP ABT 5MINS OR 20MINS BIGGER CARP LOOK LIKE 15LBS AND KOI CARP 10LBS FROM LA MIRADA PARK LAKE THAT ALL:wink::wink::cool2::cool2:

2. satownsend

satownsend New Member

State:
    Portage PA
    I've used a mix like this a couple of times except with strawberry jello, and have caught some smaller carp in the 8 lb range on it. Once you get your base mixture right you can experiment with all kinds of different flavors. You might want to look into making boilies too.

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    What are boilies?

4. mycat

mycat New Member

State:
    winston sa
    Boilies are generally grits or dough baits with egg and/or coloring/flavor added. The boiling toughens the bait & keeps bream & small fish tearing up your baits. I have not had much luck with them.

5. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Just the plain ole Wheaties and coke always worked well for me. That or worms is all I use for Carp.

Strangely enough, I have even caught a few decent Channels with that mixture. The last time it was a #7.

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i havent caught a good sized carp in a long time...i might make this up and go try it....

7. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    There are companies that make an imitation boilie with flavor added. The 10 mm size tied on a hair rig as part of a bolt rig is dynamite for carp. Personally I use the pineapple flavored ones. :wink: Chumming an area is key to successful carp fishing.

Ray

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  8. stephenfishing

stephenfishing New Member

State:
    Texas
    I also use the strawberry jello with cornmeal and flour and always do great with this mixture, I also put cinnanon in it sometimes to make it a little sweeter.

Attached Files:

9. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    boilies are easy to make and hard to mess up

10. stephenfishing

stephenfishing New Member

State:
    Texas
    I always been partial to scoppex flavor, had pretty good luck down here in texas with it, usuakky just a simple hair rig or bolt rig

11. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    If you make your own boilies, try a red beet juice/scopex blend. Simply dynamite. :wink:

Ray