carp bait

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by BIG_D, Sep 7, 2009.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    untill i moved all i used was corn to catch carp for bait well these river carp are having no part of it my brim stash is running low and i havent found me a good brim spot hear yet so thout i would use some carp if i could catch some that is what do the rest of you recomend for bait for carp

2. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    grits... rice during warm weather, rolled oats and bread. orange flavoring works good in the fall aswell as vanilla, and grape. just got home tonight from the river caught a 13.3 off bread and cracked corn

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009

3. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Carp are easy to bait , just dump some canned corn in a spot that doesn't have much current and the next day it will be on like a pot of neck bone.Just bait up with some corn on a hook and as little as weight as possible preferbly a small split shot.good luck

4. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Here's a link for you to check out to find lots of information on carp fishing: www..................com. Check out the "carp baits" section on the forum. Hope this helps.

Ray

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    wheaties and spinach, mix enough to the wheaties to make a firm ball of dough,, It will smoke them carp.. Heck even plain wheaties will work..:wink:

6. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    i have a lot of good luck on just bread balls

7. VTR

VTR New Member

State:
    Texas
    I use crushed wheaties,big red(creme soda) vanilla and some flour,mix all this til it forms a good dough, pinch off enough to make a ball the size of a quarter roll on to a # 4 hook.
    Hope this helps !!

VTR
    Mike

8. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal
    I DID CATCH KOI CARP AND COMMON CARP 5 YRS NOW SO WHILE THAT ALL

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  9. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal

HEY BETTER FLOUR MIX WATER, WHITE OR YELLOW MEAT MIX, PEANUT BUTTER THAT ALL...CARP LOVE EAT FAST TIME 5MINS TO 20MINS THAT ALL...U CAN LOOK PIC OF ME MI OWN PIC THAT ALL

10. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal
    IFF U WANNA ADD FRIEND WITH ME VERY HELP WITH U THAT ALL!!!!

11. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    me and my wife get bores an d make boilies, use any recipe to start with and tweak it..my favorite thing to do is boil the balls in food coloring and water

12. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    To consistently catch carp a baiting campaign is priceless to keep carp coming to an area. Carp are grazers much like cattle. Like us all they are pretty much creatures of habit. Bait an area 3 days (consistantly at the same time of day) with prepared maize. Mine is soaked for 24 hours and then boiled for approximately 30 minutes in a water/corn syrup mix. Let it cool overnight and then it is ready to use. I use maize (feed corn) as this keeps the pan fish away due to size and hardness. The first 2 days use at least 1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket of maize to pre-bait. On the 3rd day only use 1/4 of a 5 gallon bucket. Fish on the 4th day and be prepaired to stay busy for awhile. Hope this helps some.

Ray

13. mycat

mycat New Member

State:
    winston sa
    E-Mail or call West Side Bait & tackle in Indianappolis In. to see what they are hitting on in your area. They will hit different baits between spring and fall. :006:

14. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I just use plain wheaties doughballs.Just be sure to set the box out of sight or they will jump out and take all your bait.

15. festus

festus New Member

I read about the strawberry Jello doughballs in a Field and Stream back in the 1960's. This works, it had been 10 or 15 years since I've used it, but tried it again this summer. Carp love this stuff. I use a single doughball hook about size 2, you know, the type with the coiled wires around it. You could also use a size 4 or size 6 treble hook, but I don't, because they'll really tear up a carp's mouth.

STRAWBERRY DOUGHBALLS

Ingredients:

1 quart water
    1 pack strawberry Jell-O
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons vanilla extract
    4 cups cornmeal
    2 cups flour

In a large bowl mix cornmeal and flour well. Set aside.

Boil a quart of water, reduce heat to lowest setting. Stir in strawberry Jell-O. Add sugar and vanilla extract.

Sprinkle a small amount of cornmeal-flour mix over the setting Jell-O. When bubbles appear, add more of the dry mix. Keep doing this until all dry mix is used. Stir until mixed well, then dump ingredents on a sheet of aluminum foil. When cooled, knead this into a ball. Wrap this in a ziplock bag or store in a covered plastic bowl.

16. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    This is the GREATEST BAIT I've ever used and I'm a corn guy for the convenience but this stuff is really great and easy:big_smile:
    1 gallon zip lock bag 1/2 filled with WHOLE WHEAT flour
    1 lg pkg strawberry jello
    1 small jar creamy peanut butter

add the stuff together and mix until the peanut butter disappears. When you get to the water get a scoop of water in your hand and put into the bag in a corner and form a dough ball, it will be stiff and it don't come off very easy.
    I take a ball of the bait and chum the area to get the smell out and wait. 15 min. get ready and I mean don't leave your rods if you value them:crazy:
    I use a regular hook, you don't need a treble and keep the balls small the seem to take them better and leave slack in your line so you can see the fish bite, always use a carolina rig with this bait---slip sinker barrel swivel leader of line--then your hook, leaving slack in your line lets the carp pick it up and feel nothing but you see it, half the time you nail them when they pick it up and the other half the freight train it---JUST TAKE OFF:wink:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009