carp bait

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by littlebigman, Jan 28, 2009.

1. littlebigman

littlebigman New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    right down the road from my house there are little ponds that have bass and carp in them. And i was just wondering what a good bait is for catching carp.

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    any strawberry or vanilla flavored bait , corn , worms are a few good ones we make a carp bait with wheaties , bananas , and vanilla extract mixed till a doe bait it works pretty good also .

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i do best with a small brim size hook and load it up with sweet corn outa the can

4. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Sweetcorn is my favorite, but if there's bait stealers a good Wheaties ball with some vanilla works wonders.

If you see them feeding off top freeline some corn puffs, bread, or mini marshmallows.

5. littlebigman

littlebigman New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    thanks, ill try some of the baits next time i go out

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    welcome to the b.o.c.

7. KINGCARP

KINGCARP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    make up some grits u will catch them all.here,s u a receipe.mix 4 cups of instant grits, with 2 cups of quick grits. in bucket add cream style corn till it packs. put a sugar pop of corn pop on hook .and pack grits oround hook.gl

8. wolf222

wolf222 New Member

State:
    IL
    I use 4c 40% branflaks,2c oldfashand rolled oats,1c corn meal, 1c wheat germ,3c flour mix with water not to much just enough to make a good ball it will stay on for a long time. Carp will hit on it when they quit hitting on everything else Paul

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for the advice Steve and welcome to the BOC:wink:

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for the recipe Paul. Welcome to the BOC

11. CatManCarl

CatManCarl New Member

State:
    Texas
    I Like to make my own baits for carp usually consisting of strawberry or vanilla extract. They can simply be made with flour and cornmeal with a little bit of water, then add the flavoring.

Keep on fishing!

12. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I never fish for carp but used to when I was a kid with my dad. He always swore by using "Atomic" carp bait mixed with strawberry pop. Worked good also, not sure if they even make that anymore. Chris

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome Carl to the Brotherhood

14. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    tell me more about the marshmellows. i have used them for the trout they stock in our lakes, but have not used them on carp. i am soaking some corn in a small amount of vanilla right now. the wind needs to cooperate before i can fish though. it is blowing 40 now with gusts to close to 50.