Carp Bait Receipts

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Wallbass, May 18, 2008.

1. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Would any of you care to share your favorite Carp Receipts? Thanks Jeff :wink:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Never paid for a carp.:wink:

3. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Bread and corn are always good ones. I never go without grits pack though (I am sure I sound like a broken recording here). Keep it simple at first.

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Kix or corn puffs cereal soaked in strawberry soda.

5. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    cream corn an flour concoction.. or if im in a hurry just plain sweet corn

6. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Years ago I fished a pay lake that sold their own dough bait. It was the best i found anywhere. One day the lady was out and said she would mix up a batch. After watching I wrote it down. I used a 1# coffee can as a measure.

1 can Wheates (crushed)
    1/2 can wheat germ
    1 can corn meal
    1/2 can alfalfa meal (get it at feed store)
    1/4 can salt (I added garlic salt)
    I mixed it with water....just enough till it would form a ball on the hook just smaller than a golf ball... too stiff and the fish did not seem to like it....too thin and you couldn't cast it.

7. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Caned corn is a good basic carp bait, However other species like sunfish and catfish like corn as well and when you cast the corn out it does not stay on the hook very well due to its softness. For this situation, Try some hard field corn and soak it in water for a couple of days. You could also boil it for a little while to help speed up the process. This way other non target species cant take your bait of the hook as easy and it casts much better. If you want it to be more attractve to carp, Put some flavoring in it such as vanilla or any other flavor you wish while you soak it or boil it.

Also, Dont boil the ield corn it for to long or the corn will become to soft and it will be the same as caned corn. Good fishing and tight lines to you. :wink:

8. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I use smooth peanutbutter on wheat bread with vanilla flavor mix all together and have fun.

9. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    I like to use trout chow and creamed corn, mixed with molassas. Also we use to use alot of grits mixed with kool-aid and sugar. We also used 5/0 hooks and placed a yellow bead on the hook. For the trout chow mix it a day before and let it sit out for a day.