carp as bait?

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Swampfox., May 7, 2009.

1. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I was at poverty point catching shad with my cast net and caught a 15 pound carp. is carp any good as cut bait?

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Cut carp is great bait. The blue in my avitar was cut on cut asian carp. I have caught many blues and channles on cut carp. Anything that come from the water you are fishing is good in my opinion.

Tom

3. cwell14

cwell14 New Member

State:
    LA
    I definitely agree. I have caught cats in south LA on cut gar as well.

4. Dog-dog

Dog-dog New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    What will get 5 to 10 lb blues in the nests? I use cheese and soybean blocks and load up on smaller channels. I can not seem to get the large blues and channel in my nets.

HELP PLEASE :crazy: :embarassed:

5. Dog-dog

Dog-dog New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    What will get the 5 to 10 lb blues and Channel in my nets. I use Cheese and soybean blocks and load up on smaller Channels. I want to get the larger on can you help?

6. BAYOU-FLATHEAD

BAYOU-FLATHEAD New Member

State:
    AR
    I find that the smaller carp work a little better, but any of them will catch fish. Good luck if you go Matt.

7. BAYOU-FLATHEAD

State:
    AR
    Man I just wish I could go. Been working so much at home and at work that I have not had the chance. When the MS river gets right it will be on then.

8. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    is it still high?

9. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Cut carp would be bout the same as using a giant goldfish :smile2: cut drum also makes excellent cut bait

10. BAYOU-FLATHEAD

State:
    AR
    Matt, It is still very high. When it drops we are going to be filling the coolers.