Carp areas in Eastern Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by kaleigh, Mar 6, 2006.

1. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Anybody got carp favorite areas in eastern Pa that they would like to share? :0a35: :0a35:

2. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i didnt know you did any carp fishing, but across th river from me theres a bunch of 10# and a few bigger, if you go up river theres some huge 20 and some may even get 30 but they are alot more spred out. its easy om the delaware just a plain hook and a handfull of corn works great for me.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Greenlane Reservoir has alot of carp in it. You can see huge schools of them when fishing off the Knights bridge. and when shore fishing some one usually picks up a few nice ones.

4. cjb10876

cjb10876 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Greenlane is out route 63 outside of Quakertown right? i'd like to find some new spots this year.

5. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Delaware you and me and Scott should hook up and go fo Carp.What do you think? Or Cats also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :)

6. cjb10876

cjb10876 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    There is a nice fishing pier off of 25th street in Easton to set up on. A lot of guys go there for cats and carp. The only problem is you gotta haul the fish up 10 or 15 feet over the rails. There are a bunch of ball fileds and stuff back there too. I'ts a nice place to go sit in a lawn chair. I never did well there, but some other guys i used to work with caught stuff down there. Maybe this spring some of the locals could get together down there.

7. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa
    KALEIGH
    i catch a lot of carp at struble lake in chester county, any info please email

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    the Schuykill has a better carpfisher than the delaware. i have caught hundreds of carp on the SKUKE, but none in the Delaware. for more carp info in and around the Philadelphia area, go to fishguys.org. all the info you need.

peace,
    tan

9. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I know where Chester Cty is never heard of that lake though? Where is it approximately?

10. Boone Dog

Boone Dog New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hi Guys,
    I'm new here and so glad I found this site. A little known "sleeper" lake which is full of BIG CARP is Speedwell Forge Lake in Lancaster county. It's about 20 mins west of Ephrata. My Wife and I relocated here, and wanted to find a good place to fish and stumbled onto this lake. We saw dozens of carrp "sucking" around the boat ramp, got a can of corn and had a blast! There are some really big boys in there. Lots of Bass, small sunnies, and bull heads too, not sure about any channel cats but I'll let you know if I find them there.